1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixing tylenol.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Phantasma, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Phantasma

I'm very sick right now. Headache, alternating runny/stuffy nose, body pains, fever, the whole deal. My question is, is it alright to mix different tylenols? Like, to take tylenol as well as tylenol sinus - at the same time? Only one of each to ensure I'm still under the recommended healthy dose, but can the two interact with each other or be taken at the same time?

If I take the regular tylenol my fever and pains will subside but my nose replugs itself and I can't sleep or breathe. If I take tylenol sinus, my sinus pain clears and I can breathe, but then my body aches and my fever goes back up.

So. Would it be acceptable to take one of each in hopes of targeting all my symptoms? Will that even work or will they clash with each other? Is it safe?

Help a fevered stuffed up cranky tired gay boy out :frowning2:

2. Minx

Battling a cold myself. :grin:

I'm not really sure, I stick to nyquil and that's about it.

I don't think it would be a problem. :slight_smile:

Just monitor the dosage.

3. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    It depends on the dosage. It is recommended that you take no more than 1000mg of tylenol in 6 hours. So, look at the bottles and see how much is in each. If the total is under 1000mg, then it should be fine.

4. Phantasma

Each pill is 500mg so I'm assuming I should be alright then.

5. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Yep. You should be good. Feel better soon!

6. KaraBulut

It's a good question.

A lot of cold and pain medications contain acetaminophen (paracetamol, Tylenol). There is a risk of liver damage if you exceed a maximum dosage of 4,000mg per day (1,000mg every 6 hours).

It's good that you've checked the label and noticed that both products contain Tylenol. You can alternate between Tylenol and Tylenol Sinus as long as you alternate between the two every 6 hours.

7. DanD

Snap. But, I can't afford time off work.

I've been cutting a lemon in half, and adding boiling water. Do this twice a day and drink plenty of water.

I've never taken Tylenol or anything like it before, so perhaps I'm not really sure what I'm talking about, but the lemons seem to do a good job for me.

Hope you get better soon :slight_smile: