1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrapping gums?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Yogabear, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it advisable to scrap dead skin off inside your gums or not? I frequently get nervous, so I feel around my mouth and feel dead flesh in there and use my fingernails to scrap it out. I cannot afford like many americans to do routine dental experience with less than $8000.00 per year that I can barely live than concern myself with basic dental upkeep. Thank you for your answers or shared experiences cause I don't want this to be a problem dating a guy with open sores and all e.g spreading stds, etc to one another.

Thanks,
    Yoga

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    your scraping does not sound right to me at all. Though I am no professional...

Gums should be smooth and, in my experience, not give up dead skin unless you have scalded yourself with hot drinks

If money is an issue then can you at least get a high street pharmacist to comment (free)
    - or ask a dentist, doctor

or do more internet research of your own ...

because poor gums can just lead to bigger problems later on

best wishes

#2 bingostring, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  3. KaraBulut

All that is needed to maintain good oral hygiene is flossing, brushing (including gentle brushing of the gums/cheeks/tongue and rinsing with mouthwash a few times a week to help keep plaque build-up under control.

Some people use a tongue-scraper to help remove bacterial film from the tongue but this can be accomplished with a toothbrush, too.

4. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I would like to talk to a pharmicist but can't get to one because of the lack of vision. I'm still waiting on the bureaucratic powers tht be to process the correct information on my application. People dont' realize the huge tax imposed on the poor like myself, so what applies to you does not in any shape of the imagination apply to me. For example, it takes just two to three weeks just to be considered for public transport in this southern bankrupt Hell hole with no family at all to care for me. Charities don't work because contact via e-mail or whatever "Wish we could" would be spoken or whatever just isn't fair not at all.

I setup an appointmen with my local university for interns to see me right? Well, they don't seem to want to take my $180.00 x-ray scans from my last dentist who I just recently saw. Is there any wonder why health-care costs are astronomical in the "Freest myth" of a country? I have to pay an additional $80.00 for it so its hard on me with only $470 with groceries, medical bills and usury tax via credit card just to survive. Truly and deeply this is a horrible natn tht my forefathers have created without any doubt in my mind.

sincerely,
    Moping Peter

5. sguyc

Are there any free/charity dental clinics around you? I work at one that charges 40 dollars for an intake exam and whatever else they can do. If more extensive work needs to be done, you come in a second time for another 40 dollars. If its an extraction and you are on medicaid, its free.

Like the previous poster said, brushing and flosing is all the needs to be done to keep a mouth healthy, fluoride is pretty key however. Dead skin does not sound like a good sign, unless you are tallking about the white/cremey goo that you can scrape off of your teeth and gums when you haven't brushed in awhile. That is only food particle and plaque build up.

6. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know of any charities here not in Birmingham, Al because perhaps the whole culture is against it. I'm not quite sure what it is exactly on my gums but appears to have happened in the past more after using alchol or tobacco products not as much now. Thanks for that information and if you happen to have anymore useful info could you post it on my wall? This is exactly what i was looking for in my post. By he way, Al doesn't accepted Medicaid after age 19 for dental work.