1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't sleep on my own anymore!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DeanIsHome, Feb 10, 2013.

1. DeanIsHome

I'm starting to have troubles sleeping without taking any drowsy medications (yes that's bad i know) usually i can drink tea, relax, read a book, or take a hot shower and it's help me sleep but for the past week i haven't been able to sleep unless i take some Benedryl which causes drowsiness but it doesn't affect me anymore and Ibeuprofin PM which is also starting to not work I don't know what to do i can't fall asleep I can stare at my ceiling or wall until it's time for school and i wont sleep at all.

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

It's probably more a case of you not actually being tired... Try allowing yourself to be tired for a day, not sleeping so you'll be tired the next day. If you get into a better routine your body should be naturally tired around the time you want it to be. You probably just need these meds because you aren't actually tired.

All the best.

3. DeanIsHome

I've actually been doing that for the past 3 days since the meds aren't taking affect and i've been awake for 2 days went to sleep a little bit but woke up again

4. photoguy93

Well, why were you taking those medications in the first place? Do you have an issue that requires you to take meds like that?

5. Motov

Have you tried exercise?

6. DeanIsHome

I get constant Migraines form different triggers and I have allergies that's why I have those medications and about a year ago i had a minor surgery and the doctor prescribed me some Oxycodone which I also used to help me sleep but they stopped working and I have no more but even if i had more i wouldn't try since they don't work.

And I do a lot of exercising since i live near a lake area with sort of a route that you can run it's about 2 1/2 mile long but exercising makes me feel hyped up.

7. Tiny Catastrophe

Try melatonin. It's all natural and it helps you sleep. I have horrible insomnia and I took it for a while and it's the only thing that actually worked for me. It's also safe to take. You take it for a month and then you have to take a 2 week break and then you can continue taking it again. Look it up. It's a much healthier option than what you're doing now.

8. KaraBulut

Since this is a persistent problem and you're reporting that meds that we recommend as temporary solutions aren't working, it's time for you to talk with your doctor about the problem.