1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Drug Use

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swimmerboy, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Swimmerboy

I wanted to know if anyone here has ever used drugs such as meth and XTC and if they could offer any advice (I think a sticky thread should be put in the health section concerning drug use) to someone having issues with drug abuse.

My concern stems from my own experience with Tina (meth). My boyfriend used it, and consequently we started having problems.

I'm not an "anti-drug" kind of person. I think personal choice is important for a free society. Needless to say, I do think education on these drugs is VERY important.

And because it seems the gay community seems to be statistically more prone to do these drugs, I figured I'd do my best to get a sticky thread on the subject for those who want some:help: .

I actually don't think this belongs in the Health section, but in the chit chat section.

The reason being that the chit chat forum seems more active than any other thread. When new members join, Im guessing they would go to the chit chat section first.

Scare tactics are not what should be put up in the thread.

Being informative is more effective than being a scare-monger.

Tell your stories, and give facts and info to help our members who have thought about using, or are currently using these drugs a better understanding of what they are getting into.

:sleep:

haha, I'm really just trying to prevent what happened to me from happening to you.

Drug use is not immoral, it is a very human thing to do, and therefore people should not be ashamed of their nature. My boyfriend will never touch it again, but he is not ashamed of doing it. And no person should ever look down on those who fall into a life that involves drug abuse.:icon_wink

Paul if you know of anyone who could discuss this issue with younger members having problems with drugs, could you ask him/her to join for discussion?

Ecstasy Bananas at a rave club= (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

#1 Swimmerboy, Mar 9, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  2. Swimmerboy

3. CrimsonThunder

I don't agree with that at all, smoking something / taking pills to make yourself different is a human thing to do and in your nature? No thanks. And it is immoral as it is against the law.

4. Swimmerboy

Just because it is against the law it's immoral?:rolleyes: I don't get that train of thought. Drug use is the nature of many people. It is not innate, it is more learned and becomes part of their nature.

They aren't evil for doing something to escape the way everyday life feels.

The thing to know is that people are going to do what they want. You calling it immoral does little to stop drug use.

I'd say drug laws are immoral (as they initiate force against people who are nonviolent), and do little to stop the problem and make MORE problems, like organized crime.

#4 Swimmerboy, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  5. Swimmerboy

Laws are funny things really... like laws that ban same sex marriage. If laws like that passed where ever you lived would you consider gay marriage immoral because it was now against the law?

6. justjoshoh

Prolonged, habitual drug use is not the nature of a person, rather it is a symptom of the person's addictiveness. Drug abusers are psychologically avoiding an issue through dependency. They are basically performing an act of suicide, removing themselves from the life that exists and are replacing it with an alternative life based on the chemical interactions between their body and their drug.

Prohibition does not work, I'll concede the point. The focus should be on treatment for dependent users and education for the non-dependent.

7. Swimmerboy

It is natural for people to "try" drugs. Thats what this thread is mainly about. When they become addicted, then they are not themselves anymore. You cannot say it is not natural to be curious, as curiosity is part of what makes us human. And when they do become addicted, they are not immoral monsters.

This thread is going in the wrong Direction already. Why is that?

#7 Swimmerboy, Mar 10, 2008
  8. Micah

This thread is obviously not supposed to be a debate on whether or not drug use is moral. For that reason I'm going to move it to Health and Wellbeing where it will (hopefully) be viewed as a Health issue as originally intended and keep on topic.

Swimmer boy is very correct when he states that having an informative (calm) discussion can be very effective in educating. So please respect this thread.

9. Swimmerboy

Thank you Micah!!! :kiss:

10. justjoshoh

My apologies, the first paragraph of the thread asked if anyone could provide advice for someone having issues with drug abuse. Furthermore, with the high addiction rates of these particular drugs, it is common to link drug use with drug abuse.

As for drug use and curiosity, it seems that education is failing the user. At some point, a personal cost-benefit analysis is performed and a person chooses to select drug use. Given the dangers of these particular drugs, those in charge of education must provide enough costs that it outweighs the benefits of use.

I concur, drug abusers are not monsters. They have a psychological inability to become independent from chemical substance abuse. This abuse affects their physical, psychological, and emotional well-being. Treatment detoxifies the body of the substance and attempts to transform the person into a person independent of the substance.

11. Swimmerboy

Thank you... and I just re-read my first paragraph and realized I did say drug abuse.

Sorry!(*hug*)

That is also something that should be discussed.

12. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Well here we go, and I do agree with everything you presented, Swimmer.

--

I have tried Ex one time when I was in college in Florida. There was 6 of us. Me, my 3 roommates, and 2 girls who brought the Ex. We watched the movie "Breakin'" when we first took it, and we had one of the girls "Blowing us up", or making the effect stronger or faster, by using special techniques. So about an hour in we are all "rolling" pretty good, and we play some music on my surround sound. It was absolutlely amazing. Music had never been so good for me in my entire life. My palms were sweaty, and I just sat on the couch along with everyone else and enjoyed the music for about an hour or two. I also enjoyed breathing VERY MUCH at this point. Every breath was like breathing in happiness. So then me and my favorite roommate paced in the hallway of our apartment complex, and the wind felt so great on my body, and my legs were of steel, unharmed by walking, running or dancing. I couldn't help but dance with every move I made, the movie breakin was in my head and when I stood still I danced. I was grinding my teeth pretty bad at this point, and everyone was noticing, but I couldn't help it, and kept getting told to stop grinding my teeth. So finally I took a walk with my favorite roommate. We walked and talked for about an hour. He revealed to me that he had three daughters, instead of the one he had mentioned before. We poured our hearts out to each other, and found ourselves unable to lie or get angry. I made a true and everlasting connection with him that will stay in my mind forever. We returned to our apartment, and I took another roommate for a walk. He wasn't quite as forthcoming, but we weren't that great of friends anyway. We returned and I sat on the couch with my favorite roommate. We discussed religion (Christianity) for a while, because he is a very good man and gets all of his inspiration from the bible, and wanted to let me know about it. Eventually everyone went to sleepy land. I was still up, bouncing around. It was daytime now, we had done the EX at about 7pm the day before. I'm still rollin and enjoying myself, so I go visit my neighbor who was like 30 at the time. He smoked marijuana with me and I started rolling hard again. He told me he had been doing Ex once a month since he was 13, and he is a strong supporter of it. He is pretty damn smart and successful in his work. He mentioned that EX was a drug created by the government to help married couples during and after the depression. It was leaked out from clinical trials, or something along those lines. He entertained me in front of his big screen for a while. I left and went back to my place to go to sleep, but I couldn't
    The things that helps you sleep at night, seratonin, had been completely drained from my system. Without it I found I was unable to sleep. Soon, without the seratonin to keep me happy, I drifted into the most depressing moments of my life. I cried so much, and couldn't understand why I was so sad. I called my parents and told them what I had done. That's right, the truth serum effect of EX actually had me telling my PARENTS that I did EX! They took it very well, my parents were just happy to have been told. Eventually I cried myself to sleep. I don't remember what I was so sad about, but I couldn't get over it. When I awoke the next (next) day the sadness was lingering and stuck around the entire day, as my seratonin levels were still depleted. I had lockjaw from grinding my teeth, and it was absolutely horrible. The sadness went away by the end of the day, but the lockjaw lasted for 2 more days after that. Lockjaw really sucks!!!

So there you go. I walked into this with the mindset that I would try it and learn from it, growing as a human being. And that's exactly what I did. I had been offered it again in the future, but I turned it down from then on. I decided I would never do it again, because there would be no more new information learned, and I never want to feel that sadness again. I do miss the 15~ hours of happiness, but my mind told me not to get addicted so I vowed never to touch it. I know how dangerous EX can be. I've had friends tell me horror stories of their own personal experiences with coke and heroin, and the things they would do to get their fix, so I decided that another ride on the happy train was not worth throwing my life away.

I would recommend EX to everyone, but to try once and only once, preferably with a loved one or a group of close friends. If you don't have the constitution to reject EX when it comes your way again then I don't think it would be a good idea for you.
    The feelings given by EX represent the ULTIMATE high point of bliss, and the ULTIMATE low points of sadness, each of which can be learned from. I don't regret taking EX, I learned so much from it.

Remember though, at least in the USA, that Ex is VERY Illegal. Each pill you have counts as murder. So if you had 3 with you then you would be charged with 3 murders.

#12 Nicvcer, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008
  13. Swimmerboy

That was very informative Nivcver. I would never use it, because I know I wouldn't be able to turn it down again, as I haven't turned down alcohol once yet, and am actually thinking about drinking some wine in a few minutes

edit: Why is that by the way? Why is it counted as murder?

14. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

It just is. Supposedly you can die from EX, but that has nothing to do with it. And there is something I did forget to mention in my last post. When taking EX you MUST drink LOTS of water, or you could pass out from dehydration. I sweated my ass off the entire time I was on it, but remembered to drink plenty of water because I was doing it with a girl who knew her stuff..
    Anything that provides any sort of happiness is banned by the government, or at least available by prescription only. This is an issue of morals creating laws, which we won't go in to. To experience ultimate bliss is considered by our government to be immoral, so it gets a murder sentence. It really isn't an issue of safety, it's an issue of control.

15. Swimmerboy

I agree. All I wanted was what you posted.... experience, knowledge, and advice. I hope anyone with those three things will be willing to share.

#15 Swimmerboy, Mar 10, 2008
  16. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I'm glad, later I'll post my one-time learning experiences with the legal drug Salvia Divinorum, and the illegal drug cocaine. I'd like to see some experiences from other people as well.

17. Alexander

I just wanted to say that this thread is very informative already and worth reading for all you peeps who have considered trying drugs.

It's also nice to see a discussion where politics and religion have no effect. That's actually a great idea.

18. divadarya

So...lemme qualify: I used alcohol, Marijuana and Cocaine for 30 years before I realized that they had stopped doing what I wanted them to do, and that I was addicted to all of them in mass quantities(well maybe not weed...I just used that to goof up the other two)
    I was for sure addicted to all three at some point; to me, that means daily, habitual and excessive use without regard for consequences.
    I'll be drug and alcohol free for ten years on May 6, hopefully.
    Of those three, alcohol by far has the widest path of destruction in terms of families and lives, with cocaine and crack running a close second. I tried Crystal once when it was not the most fashionable, and all it did was make me wide awake. I've seen Meth ruin the lives of gay friends.I worked for a crack addict and a herion addict and watched them destroy a dream business, turn into raving loonies, and eventually cross over into criminality; not pretty.
    WARNING ABOUT ECSTASY:
    "X" is a drug I never tried and I'm sure I would have loved. The problem with "X" is that it
    literally burns up your serotonin receptors.If you've done it once, twice or even a few times, I wouldn't worry too much, but chronic use may turn you into a very depressed older person. Serotonin is the stuff that Prozac regulates to fight depression(easiest way to get a hit of Serotonin? Coffee with milk and sugar).
    I go to meetings with gay men who have struggled with Tina, and it doesn't sound like it's easy to kick ( I know coke wasn't). I think it may be pandemic in the gay male community because it gives one what would appear to be superhuman sexual staying power. That said, I know one Tranny who damaged her sexual function permanently by masturbating while on a run. Careful.
    I won't preach, because it doesn't work. No one was going to tell me to stop before I was ready, but what I discovered was that drugs and alcohol never really had what I was looking for. Also, alcohol definitely helped me deny who I was for a long, long time.
    Be safe, be careful. Be happy, first of all.

#18 divadarya, Mar 10, 2008
  19. Swimmerboy

Thank you so much for sharing Divadarya:kiss: :eusa_clap

I guess I better share my experience with the Tina. I've never used it, but my dad was addicted for some 20 years, and my boyfriend used it once about a week ago (which is why I started this thread).

(Before I start: Anything I tell anybody about meth is going to be bad, as I have never heard of anybody, nor have I ever known anybody, who had a good outcome after using meth. I also can't say I have ever had a good experience with it. Doesn't mean that there aren't "good things" about it, just means I've never heard of, or experienced these good things.)

I was homeless in California for 2 years in Moreno Valley, basically just staying with different friends. I remember living on the streets (not as bad as it sounds:icon_wink ) for a period of two months. I never understood why my family had gone from owning our own business, a two story house, and two nice cars, to having nothing but each other.

My parents were always having problems. It almost destroyed their relationship, and would have if my mom wasn't strong enough to stick by him.

The first time my boyfriend used, he became very emotional, and broke up with me over something that, most people, would consider not a big deal. I know that part of the reason he broke things off was so he could use meth without feeling horrible about doing it behind my back.

I forced myself on him, just as my mom had done with my dad. We talked. He became so open with me. We decided to get back together, but he told me that I had to be accepting of him when he wanted to use Tina.

I went along with it. I was so bothered by this because he knew what I went through for 14 years with my dad, and he didn't seem to care if I was gonna go through it again with him (this didn't sound like him at all, I could tell one use changed him temporarily).

Later on that night, he started going through withdrawals. We talked the way we first did. 5 hours straight just talking and being open and honest, random, laughing. I asked him if he knew what he was risking.

See, he wanted to use it, but he didnt want to be addicted :slight_smile:eusa_doh: ). So anyway, I asked him if he knew what he was risking by just using it every once in a while. He said yeah, but I could tell he hadn't given it a thought.

I told him, by using it every once in a while, you're risking becoming an addict. We talked about that, and how that was a risk to our relationship. He said he didn't want to ruin us. I told him he was risking his beauty, he didn't really think about that either.

Quick side track. I knew this stripper, well she was a stripper friend of my older sister, and she was BEAUTIFUL! OMG, I was so jealous of how gorgeous she was. Big word there is WAS. She had a boyfriend who used meth. he got her into it, and she LOVED IT! After about six months of use, she started developing big black scab things on her face, and all over her body. She was aging at an increased rate. Girl was going CRAZY. She said she was seeing "sparklies" all over her house and everywhere she went... I guess I should just get this over with by saying, I wasn't jealous of her anymore.

Ok back to my boyfriend, I told him about her. He said he knew and that he wouldnt be doing it all the time.

So anyway, he was going through withdrawal. His body was riding itself of the meth, after him being up for two and a half days, He was suffering from insomnia, couldn't eat a god damn thing, he was really nervous, and he was seeing shadows everywhere. He told me to go look up crystal meth withdrawals.

Oh I guess I better add something. See, he told me that he did crystal, and that it wasn't the same thing as meth. I tried really hard to explain to him that they were basically the same. He was telling himself, and me as well, that crystal wasn't a bad thing like meth was. He even said " I would never do meth! That's something I would never do."

So back to what I was saying earlier, I looked up crystal meth, and found a site that had a bunch of really good info on it. I read a paragraph about Crystal being WORSE than Meth, because it is more addictive and more powerful, having the same effect as meth, but in a more powerful package(like dial up versus high speed internet :thumbsup: ).

Anyway, he decided, for himself, that because of all the pain he was going through, and because he did the most addictive form of meth, that he never wanted to touch it again.

And things have been good so far. I trust him, but am still weary.

Anyway, thats what I have to say. :slight_smile:

20. Swimmerboy

Thank you so much for being so open.