1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ear problem

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mlpguy88, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I keep having an issue with my left ear. I am positive the problem is caused by ear phones, When I'm using them with my laptop I usually were just the one in my left ear so that is my best guess.

But anyway, most of the time when I wake up in the morning I get that feeling in my ear, it reminds me of what water in the ear feels like. I try not to stick the ear phones in deep when I use them and the sound is very low anyway.

But with the water feeling, how do you make it go back to normal?

2. Ditz

Go see your doctor and have it checked out.

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I have the same problem. It sounds like a fluid build up. I'll take it the hearing is a bit more muted in that ear?? Try turning the volume down a bit, dont use the earphones for so long and dont push them in so far.

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it does feel muted, but eventually goes away. It has been a bit of a cycle for past several days, it's kind of annoying

5. KaraBulut

You should make an appointment with your doctor. A feeling of fullness, dullness in sound or the sound of water sloshing can be a sign of fluid in the ear or an infection.

Generally, hearing loss from earphones would affect both ears.

There's a tube in the inside of the ear that drains air and fluid from the ear into the throat. When you have allergies, a cold or an ear infection, this tube can get blocked and that can cause a pressure buildup behind the eardrum. A quick look in your ear can determine whether this is something that needs to be treated.

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't call it sloshing, water in the ear is just what it reminded me of. I feels almost like my ear gets closed off, if I can do it correctly with my finger I can make it open up again. If this makes sense at all

7. maxx

Have you had aural sex lately? That might explain it...

:slight_smile:

8. KaraBulut

When you change the position of your head, does the sound get better or worse?

It's not clear what you're doing with your finger but often people wiggle the end of their finger against the external ear canal with creates a pressure change in the ear. This can dislodge a wax plug in the external canal and it can also put enough pressure on the eardrum to allow air or fluid to be forced out of the middle ear.

I would still recommend that you have someone take a look inside your ear to see what is going on.

9. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow Maxx, I had to look up what that was. That sounds very unpleasant :lol:

You pretty much described what I do, maybe my ear is just plugged up. This morning I didn't have anything wrong. I sleep on my side part of the time, could having my ear down all night affect it somehow?

10. Ditz

Dude, seriously, go see a doctor and have it checked out.

11. MartyK

MartyK Guest

!