1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it Sleep Paralysis or something I can't see?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by lazyfire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lately, I've been sleeping (usually past 2). I admit, it could possibly be sleep paralysis but there's no way my sheets would be pressurized.

My sheets are poofed up. They were pressurized (I could see it in between my legs) when I couldn't move. Someone was playing with my **** and it felt like it was going through a small tube? So, someone was having *** with me? I can't quite describe it but I couldn't move. I felt someone's face on my face. It was cold and I didn't know what to do! I could hear some high pitch noises and I was just so scared!

People say I was hallucinating and that maybe I'm being tricked by my mind...but it just felt so real?

Help? Is it really just my mind playing tricks on me?

2. Cthulhu

That definitely sounds like sleep paralysis. Very scary stuff.

3. Ticklish Fish

are you not sleeping well?
    are you under any influence of... unusual amount of chemicals like drugs, drinking, etc.?

4. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So scary, the first time I encountered it, I wanted to avoid sleeping forever. D:
    I'm fine now ono

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2013 at 02:54 AM ----------

Sleeping late ;P
    No chemicals, drugs or alcohol. Maybe SOMETIMES caffeine? I could be possible because I try to stay up by drinking refrigerated coffee.

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Make sure you're lying on your side when you sleep. Sleep paralysis is almost always caused by restricted breathing in some form or another. Laying on your back is a common cause, as it restricts airflow.

Sleep paralysis is just your bodies way to wake you up with something you're terribly afraid of, so you'll start breathing properly again.

All the best.

6. Phil

Phil Guest

Sounds like a succubus... Just kidding, it is probably a Sleep Paralysis case.

7. Pain

Pain Guest

Hallucinations are common in sleep paralysis. That's what it was.

8. jvn95

Sounds like sleep paralysis. I sleep on my side and only on my side and still get it sometimes.

Just during it, realize it is not real and focus on waking up. And you will.

9. Xochipilli

That's the first thing I thought of! Creepy!

10. Suffocation

sleep paralysis does that.

sounds to me like you are hallucinating a succubus, ;D ( a type of demon, and demons (and similar creatures) are a common hallucination for sleep paralysis.)

11. Ticklish Fish

if you can't see how sexy the demon is, you're not hallucinating good enough

12. KaraBulut

Well, it's difficult to tell what happened from your description but it sounds like a bad dream.

There's two phases of sleep. During one phase of sleep, our bodies are unable to move. Since this is the period where we dream the most, it's believed to protect us from jumping out of the bed or doing things like walking in our sleep.

When things don't work right during this phase of sleep, things like this happen (and yes, dogs do dream):

[youtube]UqrhZW9xIrY[/youtube]

Occasionally, a person may wake up suddenly in the midst of a dream. Their body still seems paralyzed and they may have a hypnopompic hallucination- a waking dream (or nightmare).

13. photoguy93

Yes, as others have said - this sounds like sleep paralysis. There's so many things that can happen with this. I kind of ease into my dreams. Like, I'll be in bed - and I start to dream. Sometimes, I think I am dreaming and I'm actually still awake. The minute I go "you're still awake" it's fine. My therapist has told me it's totally fine and that I am not a crazy person. So don't worry. I know it is extremely scary. But do your best to realize it is a dream and that you are going to be ok.

14. FemCasanova

Jupp!

I heard a demon talking in my kitchen once. I was awake as heck, but completely frozen. I know I was awake, because I didn`t feel any difference when it began fading, and it was suddenly gone and I could move again. It was like loud excessively creepy whispering. Even felt like something was in the room with me. It feels incredibly real, but it`s not. It`s like you lose control of your body and reality for a period of time, can last from 2 minutes to 20. It was the demon voice thing that seemed to wake me up, but the paralysis was in effect from I first heard it, and awoke, until it had faded. It was creepy and I`ve never been so terrified in my life.

Hasn`t happened again though. Some people get it a few times, some get it once or twice, but just try to focus on the thought that it`s not real next time. Though I know that is easier said than done, I was so frightened I couldn`t summon a single rational thought. But I will try to if it happens again. Up until that point, I had never experienced anything like it.

15. stephenstills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It does sound a bit like it was sleep paralysis. When it's happened to me, I realise the only part of my body I can move is my feet. So I start moving them till I regain "control" of my body. If it happens again, try that. Hope it helps!