1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke with bed bugs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by oblina, Feb 17, 2013.

1. oblina

So i have been struggling with bed bugs for about a year. About two months after moving into our last apartment we found bites, but didnt know for several months what they were. We tried to get rid of them but never could. We heat treated all our stuff when we moved to the new apartment and treated the old apartment before we moved. For 3 months in the new apartment we were fine, and then we have seen a couple just recently (we moved in in august)

I don't know what to do I have tried everything. sprays, bombs, heat treatment, i even got a new mattress. I feel like I am at the edge of my rope and my depression is already at an all time low and I just feel like I am going to explode. I have even begun to have occasional suicidal thoughts and I am honestly just done with everything.

I can't afford the thousands it takes to get an exterminator, and in my state my landlord is not liable.

2. Delta

Try maybe getting a mattress cover and pillowcase covers such as the ones found here.

They can be a little expensive, but not as expensive as an exterminator. It won't get rid of them, but it will give you some relief from being bitten, at least.

Bed bugs can be truly awful.

3. VyreRain

Bamboo sheets is your answer just look it up online :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2013 at 01:39 AM ----------

Bamboo works as a bug repellent :slight_smile: when I get the money I'm buying them for my room lol then I'm like totally getting this awesome Faux fur blanket and pillow set :slight_smile: like omg awesome :slight_smile: lol

4. leer

I was going to suggest a mattress cover to also have you considered borrowing a steam cleaner and doing the matress

5. PurpleCrab

Hum, cold destroys them too apparently. A friend of mine had the beginning of an infestation and he simply put his mattress outdoors for a week (it was deep winter), and steam treated the rest of his apartment a few times during that week. He said it worked.

However I seriously doubt he got rid of them for good. Those bugs can and will crawl around in the whole block by the outdoors, on people's clothes and by the passageway rug. What I'm saying is that you may not have brought them with you but instead caught them again from your neighbors this time.

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    you need to have a tawlk with your LL Cool J.

They will resent you but most will cover the costs, l had a friend with them.

the friend wasn't me. l know what you're thinking.

#6 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  7. oblina

Legally, in my state, if we can't prove we didnt bring them in here, they can make us pay for it. Which is thousands of dollars I don't have. And my landlords are assholes, so cant talk to them

8. FemCasanova

This article looked nice!

http://www.badbedbugs.com/best-way-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs/

Saw some other ones as well. Google is our friend :slight_smile:
    Hang on in there!

Also read something about covering your mattress in plastic, as they`ll then be trapped inside and possibly die. In any case, they`ll be trapped and won`t be able to bite you. If you then purchase a new blanket (be sure it does not touch any of the clothes you are wearing) keep it in a plastic bag, and then put it on top of the plastic, then you have something comfortable to sleep on. And regularly put your clothes in plastic bag and dump them in the freezer for a few days. That kills bugs as well!

#8 FemCasanova, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013