1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What now?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Just Jess, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Just Jess

Hi everyone,

I've been out for two months, and during that time I've done a lot of thinking about whether or not I wanted to transition fully. I don't want to invalidate the experiences of people that aren't that far along, and especially not the ones of people that make a different decision. This is just me. By transition here I mean presenting as female full time one day. It has taken me a long time, and I still have some people in my life that are against the idea. But I'm finally realizing one way or the other this is who I am and what I want.

I know the scope of this site is more geared toward getting people to the point where they're out and helping them once they are. But now that I am and the people that need to know know, I'm having a really hard time finding info. The best internet site I've found is tsroadmap.com and a lot of the links from that site are way old - like some of them are links to the wayback machine. I'm lucky enough to go to school and have some resources and people there. But I'm planning on graduating and leaving all that behind. I'm talking to my therapist about gender issues, but also about other stuff, and I'm pretty sure school is not where I'm going to start on hormones and get serious. So I'm gonna be back at square one pretty soon.

So I wanted to talk about where I go from here. Any info anyone has would be awesome. Specifics,

• Electrolysis vs Laser (HUGE issue for me personally)
    • good transition friendly places to work
    • therapy, endo, ffs, and other medical stuff
    • safety, dressing and passing, other social stuff
    • DIY dangers and better ways to do things if you run into obstacles

I know that last one's kinda controversial. I'm not planning on anything like that don't worry. But I really felt like it was a good idea to leave it on there because I know some of us get in desperate and impossible situations.

I just think it'll be way easier to stay out now that I am if I have a better feel for where I'm going. And I know it'll be easier for other trans* people to come out at all with some info. Anything at all, even good links, would be awesome. I know 'yall aren't doctors and this doesn't take the place of bla bla bla disclaimer you get where I'm going.