1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally spikes

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by gibson234, Feb 26, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the last year or so I have found that I swing between highs and crushing lows. Sometimes I feel good about my life and in a instance I feel almost suicidal. My life does suck right now but it doesn't seem to have an logic behind it one minute I feel ok the next I feel awful with out incident. I don't know if this is related but often I feel guilty for small things which aren't a bit deal or sometimes I feel guilty not know why I feel guilty.
    Does anyone have any advice?

2. falsereading

falsereading Guest

I suffer with exactly the same, like a sine wave of happiness/sadness. I can totally relate to "I feel guilty for small things", as I am guilty of worrying about what in life are small/irrelevant things. I forgot to get someone a birthday card the other day and it has been getting me down (with me thinking I am a complete bastard for it) for about five days now whereas really compared with other things in life it is not that important.

Not sure I can give any advice, I have been living with it for about ten years now!

3. photoguy93

Do you have any family history of anything similar? Do you have any other symptoms?

If it is just the mood, then I'll tell you what my therapist told me - "If you didn't do this, you'd be flat. You'd have no mood. Do you want that?" As crazy as it may seem, we all bounce around. How frequently you do so is going to be the big question here.

Obviously, bipolar (or something similar) comes to mind, but there are other symptoms. Keep us posted!

4. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I'm bipolar because I don't show any other the other symptoms and I don't know of any relevant family history

5. Labyrinth

It could be worth talking to a doctor, as it could be something like bipolar disorder. Personally I would try to avoid taking drugs to treat anything. One of the best things I can recommend for depression is regular meditation. It can be hard to get into the flow of initially but if you stick with it and try to make a good habit of 10 minutes a day, I think you will see the benefits!

6. It's something we all deal with. Are you stressed at the moment? I find that when I have a lot to deal with my emotions tend to fluctuate depending on my level of frustration. Lately it's been a lot of steep highs and lows, but every so often when things lessen up I'm very mellow and level.

If you're worried about it, I'd say talk to someone about it who knows what they're talking about (e.g doctor) but if it's something you're not particularly concerned with and it's just a little irritating or frustrating, see if it balances out soon.