1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am not coping

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by J9ah, Mar 2, 2013.

1. J9ah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can't eat, bareley sleep, wake up in the mornings feeling like I got hit by a truck, sporadically cry, have an unending sadness that suddenly gives in to bursts of anger. I am lost and confused and have never been so uncertain of my life and all because I have never loved like this before, with such intensity, such a level of emotional investment and I feel heartbroken and scared but mostly vulnerable and a little stupid and slightly embarrassed and even somewhat condescended. I am not coping because I told him and I got nothing back, no acknowledgement that the relationship we had did cross boundaries, I took it all and he claimed nothing and I'm left feeling devastated!

2. afraidtomove

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yup - going thru almost the same thing. confessed a crush to my BF, she told me she didnt feel the same. she promised things wouldnt change betwen us - but i can tell i hurt her and she feels uncomfortable. I am so mad at even saying anything.

the pain is disabling - i havent done a damned thing in weeks - i find it very hard to function. its a lousy place to be......hang in there

3. fuzzywuzzy

I felt like that after my last breakup. Still recovering. All I can say is - Stay strong. Don't let the misery take you down. Heads up and keep walking. This is your life, not the life of the others. YOU have to make it amazing and YOU are the only one who can do it. You tripped, you fell but you'll eventually get back up on your feet. It takes an awful LOT of courage to do what you just did. If you didn't make this step you might've never got a chance to be with him. Yet, he rejected you. So what. This might be a bit of a clichè but...there's plenty a of fish in the sea. If he doesn't appreciate you for what you are, he doesn't deserve you. There are many people who would. My advice to you is to get back on your feet and get friends to distract you from this. Don't think about it. Do something that you like. Spend time with family and friends. That's how I managed to cope with it.

Hope I helped. Peace out :slight_smile:

4. Azza

Been there sadly, he had problems accepting his sexuality, don't know if this applies to your situation. All you can do is pick yourself up and keep on going. My advice would be to not spend too much time alone, plan things with friends and carry on living your life. It may feel like the end of the world now but in a few months you'll feel a lot better about the whole thing. It's good that you told him, at least this way you won't be left wondering if things could have happened differently. :slight_smile:

5. J9ah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks everyone, it's very reassuring to hear that I am not some whining drama queen. Next to the death of my parent a few years back, this is the worst emotional pain I have experienced, it's a sort of grieving and I wasn't really expecting it to be as deep as it is. In a way I sort of lost myself, my time and my sense of self to him and I'm not sure if I've even got anything positive to show for it. It does make the process a little harder since for the most part only my two close female friends know, they are great, but I am finding myself having to brush it off everywhere else, and then it just hits like a ton of bricks at the end of the day. Tell me some of your experiences of loss like this or different, how did you cope, what did you do, what didn't you do. I would like to learn from you all:slight_smile:

#5 J9ah, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (&&&) (*hug*) (&&&) (*hug*) (&&&)