1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice! (lip piercing)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Aries, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Does anyone have their lower lip pierced?
    I would like to get it done but some people are telling me that it's not good for my gums and teeth and others say it's ok.
    I don't know what to think.
    i have done some research and the internet isn't a big help.
    I called up some piercers and asked them if there is anything I could do after i get it to avoid tooth damage in the future but all they could tell me is to get a stud instead of a ring!!!

I just don't know... and my bf is mad at me and he says that I care more about the way I look than I do about my own physical health (since lip piercings could cause tooth decay and other oral complications)

I need help, can anyone give me some positive advice, or is getting my lip pierced and asking for a healthy mouth a waist of time?

:confused:

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Need advice!

Well if it's something to do with your health maybe it's best not to get the lip pierced. I mean obviously your health should come before some lip piercing. Maybe you should look into it more and the health risks or listen to your bf and just forget about it? Hope that helps.

3. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Thanks for the advice but i can't just forget about it.... I mean, I really want it. And I know my bf cares about me but he has no reason to get so upset, I am doing what I want and what will make me happy, shouldn't that be enough? I mean, he could tell me the risks and everything and still support any decision I choose to make.
    Right?
    And not everyone has health issues from these piercings, what I am mainly trying to find out is what I can do to lower those risks, if there is anything to do.
    :help:

4. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

And that's the problem, alot of us think that these kind of problems will never happen to us. In my opinion, you're right, he was just trying to help and he was worried about you. Although, I don't know what's so attractive about piercings.... I don't think the body was meant to have artificial holes.... LOL, but if it's going to REALLY make you happy, I'm sure your boyfriend will he past it, JUST BE CAREFUL...

5. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Thanks for your comment.
    Actually I have been thinking about it and i have decided that I am NOT going through with it.
    I love my bf too much and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize our relationship.
    We have been together going on 4 years now and it's just not worth it...
    I guess this is what people mean when they say love takes sacrifices!!
    Thanks anyway!

:icon_wink

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That's great to hear you're not going to go through with it. It sounded a little risky for a minute. Glad to hear that. Jeopardizing a relationship wouldn't be worth it, although I'm sure he would be supportive. Hope everything works out! :slight_smile:

7. CrimsonThunder

Lip peircings are hell hot, dunno why your BF doesn't want you to get one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have a eyebrow piercing and theres nothing wrong with mine, although I know people that have problems with theirs, its about how you treat it after it happens. You gotta clean it and make sure its sterile. Thats what I did and what they didnt. :wink:

8. jroakwood

eh, i dont like lip piercings on most people anyways. :]