1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by NShak, Mar 5, 2013.

1. NShak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey I first just want to say thanks for reading this! I know I don't know any1 here, and yet I'm hoping for answers from strangers. So, I say thanks to all who do :slight_smile:.

So, at first, I was really depressed when I kinda found out I was gay. I didn't really know what to do, or who to talk to, or....anything really. I was super desperate, and came out to some of my friend who I thought was hot (hoping for the best i guess). Anyways, that didn't turn out so well, and even though they said they were cool with who I am, they kinda stopped talking to me.... Like I was a burden?

Then after awhile, I just tried to shove everything out. I convinced myself I could live without relationships, and if I just focused on my school work, I could be successful etc. Anyways, 2nd year in college at 20 yrs old, I started like, doing really bad in my classes. Not because they were difficult, but more so because I lost my....spark?... and I really didn't feel like doing anything. Instead, I would just sleep all the time and just think to myself "Well, what's the point?"

That brings me to now. I'm a little bit happier because (now don't laugh at me haha) I bought a game called Common Grounds. It's a little dating sim I found, and if you look past the part where animals are everywhere, it's actually a really good game (well i think so haha). ANYWAYS the whole point is that in the game I found a "boyfriend", and even though it was made up, it gave me a taste of what real love could mean. The compliments, wanting to hang out, totally getting someone.....just everything really. I can't explain it.

Now this next part is importantish lol

Well, I'm still a single virgin, and I'm still closeted, but my problem seems to be meeting people. I'm too scared to go to the LGBT club on campus here because...well idk who I will find. (like a crazy guy or somthin). Like, I want to date guys, not guys who act like girls? I've dated girls, and I just don't like it. I want to find someone who's chill, likes to do things, play video games....idk someone I can relate too. And I guess i'm scared that if I go, I might not find someone out there like me.... find out that I will always be alone.....but that thinking will always make me alone :/.

So, I guess I'm looking for advice? I really really just want someone to talk to mostly, like a best friend or somthing. I don't have any friends right now other than my roomates here, but they all kinda bash on gays all the time, and make fun of people who they think could be gay. My family as well I cant go to for... reasons. I'm really really trying to stay upbeat and hopeful of things, but deep down, I'm just really sad.

Again, if anyone made it through all that, thanks :slight_smile:. I know it's alot, and mabye even confusing....but my writing is exactly how i feel right now: overwhelmed and confused on how to continue.

Edit: I hope I put this post in the right place! Sry I'm new >.<

#1 NShak, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. June Cleaver

You will only stay alone if that is what you want! Give guys a chance, one of those girly guys might be just what you need! But really you might find a guy in the middle somewhere out there. Go to the club there you spoke of. The worst that can happen is you go out alone. Since you are alone now, I don't see how it could be worse, but I can see it being better by the experence. June

3. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah hey, i can relate some how?

i dont have any gay mates in the real world. so i cant talk to anybody... except my best mate's girl friend (theyré the only two ive come out to) think what you need is a mate. someone you can talk to and hang out with and if something happens from there then well only you two can tell...
    ive never had a guy partner and dont know if i want to... sometimes it gets lonely but ive the best mates in the world (though theyre straight and anti gay) but we all like the same things ie: gym, sports and bars and other things...
    see i dont like gay clubs and stuff but hey if thats your sort of thing then WHY NOT? go man you may meet some laid back guy/chick and its a good way to meet friends and like straight clubs maybe a one nighter?...

your still young so maybe just think what you really want and then go from there...