1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight gain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Romandude, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Romandude

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ihave a very high metabolism and my lack of weight is making things very hard to do especially if there is a wight requirement. I eat a lot but nothing really works. Any help?:bang:

2. Ridiculous

I don't think you should try to gain weight by eating more. You will still be going through your natural growth spurts until you're about 18 (and then it slows down until it stops completely a few years later) so you will gain weight without having to do anything. Other people might be bigger than you now because they started growing earlier than you, but they will most likely stop before you too so you'll keep on growing after they are finished.

If you still want to gain weight when you're about 18, then you can look at making larger changes to what you eat, but before then I don't think it's a good idea. Just eat when you are hungry and try to eat healthily and things almost always turn out fine on their own.

A similar question was asked a few days ago here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-mental-physical-sexual-health/85701-too-skinny.html
    The person who made that post is a little bit older than you, but everything still applies.

3. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    do hit the gym!!!! get a diet plan and your gain weight... muscle weight... i was the same when i was 14 then i started hitting gym and man you get results!!!

the ladies love it too... (not sure bout guys..)

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I wouldn't do this if I were you till you're at least 16, or have grown most of what you're going to grow. Working out at an early age can stunt growth so long as you're doing exercises that oppose bones such as bench presses. It can damage them in a different way to when an adult works out, then the bones grow in a different way, which stunts growth.

Once you're about 16 you will almost be full height with much more developed bones, it depends on when you started your growth spurt, but it sounds like you started it late, so I'd advise waiting a few years before working out.

All the best.

5. Ridiculous

That's a myth: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/121/4/835.full