1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feel like fighting bigots

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by onlythebulls13, Mar 7, 2013.

1. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started this tread cause at the moment i really want to be confronted by an antigay loser. Im so sick of reading stories of gay people being treated like shit, and pat Robertson going on about why gays are the devil. im at the point where i just want to come outta the closet just so i can be an advocate for the lgbt movement. i want to just beat the fuck outta any religious piece of shit that uses the bible as reasoning for being homophobic and a bigot. im so tired of being a second class citizen and really sick of having to hide who i am so others can be more comfortable at the expense of my mental health....sorry for the rant, im just not sure if its normal for me to fantasies about fighting bullies and antigay fuckwads at the rate in which i am.

2. Romi

Hi there! Just so you know....it is A-okay to be fed up with the bigotry. It's okay to have that feeling of wanting to go out and put a bigot in their place, though I want to make myself very clear, I am not, by any means, advocating for violence.

But I believe we've all been there. For each one of us there comes a point where...you just are not going to take it anymore. And I believe that when you come out, you will be a much happier person. I say this because of the way you are describing this want.

No one should have to hide who they are. It's normal. No worries. But I do wish the best of luck in all your future endeavors. And if you want to talk more about this or anything else, feel free to post on my wall. :]

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't need to physically fight anybody to achieve that. :wink: The first thing that springs to mind is contacting schools about speaking to students about LGBT realities. That would actually do amazing things for bully prevention if you can give a good assembly. That is if you have the time and know how, of course.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you're feelings are normal, and the fact that you want to stand up for yourself admirable. We've all felt that and I share your anger. You just need to remember a few things:
    1. Be angry at the right time.
    2. Be angry at the right person.

5. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally know how you feel. When someone makes a smart-ass comment about my dress or height being too tall for a natural girl I just want to punch their lights out. Since physical violence is illegal, I suggest that you channel that energy in the advocacy route. There are plenty of GLBT kids out there that need someone to stand up for them. Do a lot of research and fight against bigots with your intelligence. Making a bigot look like a fool is far more effective than punching their lights out.

6. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sick of it too, but you have to fight fire with fire. Nobody's become violent yet so there's no reason for violence.

7. Yeah. I hear ya. Sometimes I feel like I need to stand up, stand out and be heard so that my fellow LGBT people don't have to get so much hate spewed at them. I keep thinking if I positively affect how even ONE person feels about LGBT people, then I've done a good job.
    So yeah! If that's what you feel, then you should jump on out of that closet and do it. It feels awesome too, like you're really making a difference.

But here's a bit of unsolicited advice that I wish someone had given me--you don't have to be in activist mode all the time. Sometimes I get tired of fighting people just to BE. So I take breaks, pick my battles carefully and make sure to take time away from the culture war that is being LGBT in the US today.

8. You are completely justified. I agree 100% But the best revenge against your enemies is to succeed in life.