1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When do moodswings stop being frequent?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BornInTexas, Mar 7, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

My lord. I can't stop having moodswings. I've done all of the possible remedies, but to no avail. :l I'll be happy one day, but I wake up the next morning completely drained, feeling down and unhappy, overall shitty. Excuse the language.

I'm going to speak to my doctor, but I am reaching a breaking point. My appointment is on the twenty-seventh of this month. I cannot stand waiting for it. I just want to go to the doctor now to talk to him about this crap. He's really busy all month until then.

The hell is wrong with me? I am having little crying fits where I tear up and sniffle. I keep thinking about terrible, dumb, silly, yet possible things. Shitty feelings. I've gotten really smart-alecking around my family and friends when i am 'in my mood.'

It's really burdening. My grades have slipped a little, too. I used to have a 3.8. It has dropped four points because I am not paying attention. It's not registering in my brain correctly, and my mood has something to do with it. When I get to class feeling in my mood, it's just like I zone out and daydream about shitty crappy things. I try to think about the happy stuff. Like today I got two A's on my tests because I studied constantly and memorized the material.

I can't think about anything else. If I think of some happy stuff, I can't remember the feelings from the experience. They say it helps if you can, but it's just dead. I feel like a brooding slob. Irks me. I hate myself for it.

2. ccb

ccb

You're doing the right thing by talking to your doctor and you might want to try and get the appointment sooner as professional advice always helps. I can say I've felt this way and watched myself go through this kind of change too. It's not fun, but there are things that you can do to get yourself into a better space. What helped me most was exercise. You can try whatever works for you walking, running, pushups, crunches, but there is just something about getting the physical body involved that helps focus your brain and also releases good chemicals in your brain that make you feel happier. This doesn't have to be a major workout. But when you can feel your mood starting to change just start doing some crunches and in like 5 - 10 mins, you'll feel better. Also, be aware of what you're eating. Sugar can have a dramatic impact on your mood, you'll want to reduce your sugar intake to help stabilize mood. Caffeine can have the same impact. Googling some positive quotes never hurt anyone. I used to write them down and stick them up on my wall. Just know that what you're going through is temporary and you will get through it and feel better soon.

3. BornInTexas

I read some poetry that is pretty good sometimes when I am feeling down. I have tried to cut down on my caffeine intake, but I usually get a headache. Is that a bad problem? It's like trying to quit a drug... :S I feel like withdrawal.