1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling sick over nightmares

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Formality, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Formality

I have had these reoccurring nightmares where I witness a horrible accident often involving a train or an airplane. Just this last night when I woke up I felt nauseated and ended up puking.

I was on a railroad track when I turned around and saw a train racing towards me really fast and I threw myself away from the tracks. The train then derailed and in the distance where the train crashed I could hear the most horrible imaginable screams. (I shiver at the thought of it). I couldn't bring myself to run to the train to witness the results of the crash. I wanted to go there for some reason but I couldn't. I can't remember what happened exactly later, but it involved being chased by someone through some woods. Then I ended up accidentally seeing some of what had happened by the train crash. I won't go into detail, but it was very graphic and that's about when I wake up in chock.

I don't understand why I am feeling sick from these dreams. I never had any problem with graphic things like this IRL before. But when I dream about it everything is so weird. I don't know why I keep getting these dreams. But they are really creeping me out.

How do I get rid of these dreams? Is this me subconsciously trying to tell myself something? I never really thought about it that much before, but now that it has actually started to affect my physical health I am starting to get a bit concerned.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is... really disturbing sounding. I can't even begin to imagine how you're able to deal with death and suffering while waking, and yet can't stomach it when dreaming. It could be that you feel desensitized and your subconscious still views it as horrible?

Best of luck to you. That situation sounds very stressful. :frowning2:

3. Has something happened to you recently? Something, similar to what happens in these dreams? If so you may need a therapist. If not, they probably make pills for stuff like this.

4. Formality

I haven't actually seen anything like this IRL ever. That's what disturbs me. I really don't know why I am having these dreams. Or where they could come from.