1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anal sex question

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Hopeful, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Hopeful

I've wondered what the appeal of anal sex is. Doesn't it hurt a lot? I've had intercourse with a guy and I thought it would hurt at first but it didn't at all. I think anal would cause SO MUCH pain. Does it?

2. Convoy

No, I really hope it shouldn't if you do it right. I really don't understand the fear of anal, sure it isn't the easiest or cleanest thing to do right off the bat, nor should people feel required to do it, but it shouldn't be painful or unconformable. If that was the case I'd never do it.

Y'know, eat a good diet and clean (A tiny bit, excessive douching is bad and it should be minimized if at all possible), use plenty of good lube (Not Anal-eze/desensitizing gels! Thicker longer lasting stuff may be better too) and go slow.

I'd always have a condom on the penetrating partner too, it makes it cleaner and easier to clean up not to mention the STD/Pregnancy (if applicable) reduction.

Just remember the golden rules; if it hurts don't do it and when in doubt more lube! :wink:.

Far as the feeling, I like it. Nothing more or less, some people dig it and others don't; no reason beyond that. Your not abnormal if you don't dig it but if experiences that weren't done properly (No lube/minimal lube, too fast, etc) your only cause of hesitation then you might want to consider that when thinking about it, not that it is just supposed to be uncomfortable and some form of macho domination.

3. Romi

I'm not really sure how pregnancy is applicable in any anal sex situation. But maybe that's just me. I mean...your internal plumbing would have to be all kinds of abnormal.

#3 Romi, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  4. Convoy

5. KaraBulut

Are you asking about anal sex for women? Or just anal sex in general?

6. Hopeful

I was asking in general! I'm a woman but anal sex can apply to any gender so advice from anyone is welcome.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Anal sex feels great.

You can check our resources section. :slight_smile:

The keys are trust, patience, lubrication, and protection (yes, even if both partners are free of the most common sexually transmitted infections.

8. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As a woman, I hated it. It was the worst experience ever, ever, ever. I am in awe of those who say it feels good, because I was literally in tears. To each their own, I guess...

9. KaraBulut

This is one of those cases where it's the same but different. A lot of guys have a terrible first experience with being on the receiving end with anal. There's a lot of gay men who do not enjoy anal sex at all.

There are women who do enjoy anal sex although quite a few of them (like guys) don't find it very enjoyable the first time. Sometimes it's a matter of it being something different or something that their boyfriends want to try. Sometimes it's the fact that it doesn't lead to pregnancy. As odd as it sounds, there are girls who want to remain "virgins" but for whom oral and anal sex doesn't count as "sex".

The anus in both men and women is rich with nerve endings, so there wouldn't be any reason why a woman would not enjoy this aspect of anal sex. The anatomical difference is the prostate- which in men can be stimulated from the rectum by pressure.

Unfortunately, the Skene's gland which in women is the anatomical equivalent of the male prostate is on other side of the vaginal wall and cannot be directly stimulated from the rectum. So, that would be one aspect of anal sex that would be different between men and women.