1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightening your hair without buying expensive crap

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Alexander, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Alexander

My hair's like the color that isn't brown or blond, and I want to get it just a teeny bit lighter. Any ways you know of besides sunlight, lemon juice, and paying big money to get it lightened? I'm very cheap. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Jace

Um I once bought this stuff at walmart it was hair lightener, or you could try sally's they have some kits for like 15$ I think

3. Micah

There are hair lightener shampoos and mouuses you can buy...But they run the risk of turning your hair slightly orange (as opposed to blonde).

4. Vampyrecat

I Have very dark hair....tried to lighten it...and it didn't change colour at allllll. I was so disappointed. Then I looked in the light and it was kinda orangey chocolate, which was fairly cool.
    I would suggest going to a hairdressers. Cos they know exactly what to do.

5. mcrteenagers

Go buy some lemon juice, dump it in your hair, and stand in the sun.

I'm not joking either. If you look at the picture of me in my profile, thats what my hair lightened to after I did it a few times (I normally have darker brown hair).

6. Tim

Tim

Yea... dyes do that too... Dyed my hair blonde in 8th grade, friend forgot to remind me to take it out... 3 hours later, my hair was neon orange.

7. Trumpetplyer23

There are beauty schools, that will provide services for you that won't cost as much as going into a professional salon.

DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF!!!! Its a bad idea. The chemicals from Wal-mart may be cheap, but they fry your hair.

There is a lightner, I think, called Kalidecolors (sp), when my mom got high-lighted, they used that instead of bleach.

8. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I bought a bleach set at Stop & Shop for ten bucks and it was easy to use

9. Kimi

I heard dumping coke lighten your hair but then I also heard it would damage your hair pretty badly...never tried it so I have no idea if it would actually work nor how bad damage would be:confused: