1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress Outlet....

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Emberblaze, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

Hey, uh, as all of you know, life can be REALLY stressful. I can sometimes be pedantic and let a lot of trivial things beat the crap out of me. There's lots of stressful things going on right now between school and home, and let's just say I have a LOT (years) of bottled up anger in my head, some of which, has a knack for spilling out every now and then.

So, I feel like I may be at my peak lately. A pencil dropping can send me over the edge, and I just get the overwhelming hunger to just destroy everything in sight. I have to coil up in my bed to stop myself from hurting my cats...

And then the indignant thoughts? I don't even wanna go there... I feel like I'm kinda losing it... I've actually started writing... to myself... I've been having written conversations with my rage, and I really feel like maybe my sanity is getting worn out?

I mean, I still act myself all the time, but if something ticks me off, I'm just in a raged trance for a while. Primarily, just RIGHT when I get home, I just get mad...

You guys have any ideas for how to deal with stress?

2. Mogget

I suggest progressive muscle relaxation. Lie on your back, breathe slowly in and out. Clench your feet, hold for a few breaths, then let go. Hold for a few breaths, then clench your feet and your calves. Hold for a few breaths, then let go. Work your way up your body. It's best to do this daily rather than in moments of very high stress.

3. Emberblaze

Alright, I'll see what I can do. I feel like I've heard this before a while back. I've subconsciously developed a calm persona that I've been talking to in the mirror or in my writing which has been helping me think straight.

Heh, I know it sounds insane, but I'm ENTIRELY aware that I'm just talking to myself. Whatever helps right...

4. Write about anything in your mind at that moment. Look at what you are think and you may come to find out what issues are making you feel so stressed.

Are you eating regularly (having breakfast is really important!) and sleeping at appropriate times?
    Perhaps it may just be a simple change in your lifestyle that is needed.

5. Emberblaze

Yeah I sleep as regularly as possible really. With all the homework I get and the stressful home conditions though, sometimes I don't get to sleep til 11 or 12 in opposed to 9 or 10 but that's normal enough. I eat healthily enough, eat something small in the mornings though because big breakfasts make me sick. Usually when I'm stressed I like to snack on carrots like crack.

But I KNOW what's stressing me out... It's just, sometimes i DO feel a little crazy when I'm talking to my "persona of rage" so to speak and it can make me feel scared of myself... And like I'm losing my sanity and who I am...

This is starting to turn more into a venting session, but just bear with me...

6. DMark69

Do something you enjoy to relax you and relieve stress. My husband usually plays video games to unwind and destress. I find going for a drive will destress me. I remember once even, when I was in the US Army, I drove through 4 US States after work to calm down enough I could sleep that night. Yes, they were smaller states, MA, NH, VT, and NY. It works for me at least.