1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

piercings ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KnightAssassin, Mar 20, 2013.

1. KnightAssassin

What health tips and cleaning tips do y'all have , i have a cleaner and such but what do you all suggest?

2. nikom87

What type of piercing did you get?

With my ears, I cleaned them with a really mild soap (this weird stuff called Dr. Bronner's is good) and turned them once or twice only while cleaning them. With my septum, I soaked it in saline solution twice per day for about 10 days and otherwise left it completely alone.

I think its a good idea to try to touch piercings as little as possible, and when you do, make sure your hands are super clean.

#2 nikom87, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My ears are stretched, and I soak them in warm saltwater every night after I take my plugs out, and in the morning, wash them with a mild soap before placing my plugs back in. My other piercings I wash with alcohol regularly and I wash the piercing sites with soap.

Make sure to keep tidy with cleaning your piercings because infections are horrible.

4. KnightAssassin

I did both nipples as my first peircing.

5. Delta

I have my eyebrow, one cartilage, and both earlobes. Something I have to say, is don't use any of the Claire's cleansers. Or alcohol. Or peroxide. Or Neosporin. In fact, the only cleansers you should need are a gentle and fragrance free soap, water, and saline. Twice a day for the first week, then once a day for the next two, then only when they get sweaty or dirty. There is such a thing as overcleaning, and it's just as bad as undercleaning.

Something you should do at least once a day is soak it in this solution. If you are making your own saline solution, the proper ratio is 1/4 teaspoon (not table-spoon) of fine-grain, non-iodized sea salt to 1 cup (8 fluid ounces/250 ml) of clean warm water. The correct proportions are critical. If the solution is too strong (hypertonic, or containing more salt than your blood), it can irritate your skin. If your soaks cause your skin to become dry, use a mixture of 1/8 teaspoon sea salt per cup of water.

Find all the information about saline soaks here. Read it, it's worth it. I'm convinced saline is at least half the answer to everything piercing related. If you need more info, PM me. I've taken care of all my piercings (which are healed/healing beautifully) and my girlfriend's too. :slight_smile:

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cleaning with alcohol and turning twice a day worked fine with all my piercings. Mind you, I don't have my nipples done. I'm sure the care for that kind of piercing is different as it's a different type of skin. Sorry I wasn't really any help.