1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i tell friends i'm depressed....

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by hatethiscloset, Mar 21, 2013.

1. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been dealing with on and off depression for a few years now. It was never that bad until this year, when I would go weeks being perfectly happy but then have times where I felt alone, empty, and just worthless. The last time I felt this bad, I told my best friend how I hated myself and he seemed worried (oddly enough this made me feel better, that someone actually cares about me). But now Im feeling pretty awful again and i feel like I can't talk to anyone about it. I'd like to be able to talk to this same friend about it, but I feel awkward bringing it up a second time. Because a first time is okay but I feel like he might have forgotten and probably doesn't expect me to talk about it again. I actually want to tell him I'm depressed this time, but how should I bring it up? I just feel really bad and I need him to be there for me....

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should tell him.

My younger brother struggles with depression, and I'd much rather he tell me when he's feeling down so I can help him. I hate it when I think he's fine and then find out he was suffering inside.

3. That Kid

You should definitely tell him, there's nothing worse than going through depression alone (trust me, I know.) And I'm sure your friend is more than willing to help however he can. That's what friends are for.