1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

21 yrs. of crap

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mrcake, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Mrcake

I am 21 years old and still having trouble with puberty. I have a hormonal disorder and am currently on testosterone to compensate for this. I have had this problem since I was a kid - my parts just don't want to grow like normal person. Recently though I have noticed some changes. For example : I have plenty of pubic hair growth and armpit hair - always have. I have hairy armpits and within the past 6 months my facial hair has been growing nicely - I shave almost every day. But I still have a small penis and my balls are tiny. My voice is still higher than normal . Also I am 5 foot 9 - taller than average. This is embarrassing for someone my age when I see 14 yr olds looking like men. Do you think I may finally be starting puberty? My dr doesnt really help with answers...

2. KaraBulut

Are you seeing a pediatric endocrinologist?

3. LD579

While I'm not qualified in any way besides my own experiences with puberty, I'll still say that it sounds like you're definitely going through puberty, if you haven't already, which it sounds like you haven't.

As for amounts of hair, and shaving every day, those things differ greatly by individuals 'cause of genetics and habits. For example, this guy I know shaved every morning, but halfway through the school day (in high school), it'd look like he hadn't shaved at all. His five o'clock shadow was really 'bad', I guess you could say.

Everyone's different, as I'm sure you know. Some 14 year olds are just really, really developed physically. As for your voice and genitals, those things are more subjective. My voice hasn't really changed since I've been 12, for instance. It's possible you only think you have smaller stuff down there, at least to some degree. If it's any small consolation, most guys wish they were bigger down there, too. I don't, though, know the extent of your situation, so take what you will from my words.

4. Mrcake

Yes

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably better to talk to your endocrinologist than to us. We're not doctors here, and we don't have access to your case files.

Has your endocrinologist told you anything about what you're diagnosed with? Try reading up on your condition to find out what's usual for what you have.

I know I've read about a number of conditions that affect pubertal development, and every one of them is different.

6. KaraBulut

Good, because an endocrinologist would be better able to clarify whether your low hormone levels are because of a pituitary issue or because of inadequate production from your testes. I would also be curious if they did genetic testing to determine if there is a genetic cause that might be at the root of the problem.

Your chart should have a history and physical in it that contains a diagnosis at the end. You might ask your doctor if you can have a copy because you'd like to better understand what is going on with your body. Take the copy home and read it. After you read it, do some research and then write down your questions to ask the doctor. If you feel like you might not get all of the information you want from the answers, ask a family member to listen along with you so that they can pick up on things that you might have missed in the discussion with the doctor.

7. Mrcake

My doctor is great but he has been having trouble with me since I was maybe 16. I have been on and off testosterone for several years. I have done the testosterone injections and they proved to not be as effective as the testosterone gel that I am using currently. I have hormonal issues because I have Addison's disease - my adrenal glands don't work. This disease effects hormones and it effects many other things. I have been very depressed lately with my bodily progress, as I have not seen any growth in the genital area for several years - I haven't grown at all I don't think besides pre puberty...this Fricken sucks.. no guy wants to have puberty issues, especially when they are 21 freaking years old. I still look like I am maybe 17...I just want to be able to have a partner and love them so they can love me back and have a healthy relationship.

8. kingzap321

you say you feel like you maybe look 17 in the genital area but for example myself being 17 i highly doubt that my genital area will be getting any larger. it seems to have reached it limit of growth. (it is a reasonable size in my mind and most peoples minds and it has yet to change in 1 year). this all being said everyone is different and i know you may of course be an exception but you should really ask your self is looking 17 down there really that bad? its just from what iv seen of myself and many others (in school showers and stuff like that) if you truly feel that's where your genital development is at then it may not be as bad as you might think. =] anyway that's just my opinion on the subject and i hope you are able to get where you want to go =].
    best of luck to you man.
    Luke.