1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Involuntary twitching

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by andersonh09, Mar 28, 2013.

1. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I twitch, a lot. I know I should get checked out by a doctor and I plan to.

Over the past year or so, and even more so this past semester (since January) I have become more aware of the fact that I twitch. It’s usually my head and/or shoulders and occasionally an arm or a leg. It’s not a muscle spasm. Sometimes it’s small and most people probably don’t notice it, but most of the time it is rather noticeable by other people. It has gotten progressively worse. I've never paid much attention to it until this past week when I was on a spring break trip with a group from school and my trip leader, who has known me for some time, noticed how bad it was getting, and asked me about it. I’m definitely more aware of it since the trip. I've also noticed that it’s worse when I’m really tired, excited or anxious.

Like I said, I do plan on eventually going to the doctors, but probably not until May after I get home from school. I'm curious as to whether other others have experienced this and how you deal with it? It doesn't hurt or anything, but it gets super annoying.

2. LD579

Are you on any type of medication? When I was on antidepressants (3 types over the years), I used to have little twitching problems. It's gone away (whether it's because I'm now off of the medication, or something else entirely, I don't know), though.

I used to be kinda self conscious about it, but it sounds like your case is a bit more serious. I'd talk to a doctor about it, if I were you.

3. Ivyleaf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hum, I don't know much about twitching, but I know there might be a few causes. The ones I know are based either on medication (like Luthan mentions), or illnesses. If it's going on for a longer time period, you should definetely check up with a doctor, just to be sure.:slight_smile:
    Good Luck, and let me know if something about the twitch turns out! <3