1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrible lower back pain, can't move or get out of bed.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Stridenttube, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I went to the doctor a couple of days ago for back pain, he gave me steroids and some muscle relaxers. It was getting better until today, now I can't move or even turn over in bed. It's like the worst pain I've ever had. What should I do? Pain meds barely do anything and I can't move anything without a great deal of pain.

2. Wolfie Charm

Definitely call your doctor when the office is open. Might have to make it to the ER tonight if it is real bad. Happened to me two autumns ago, but I was on the roof and about to climb through the window lol.

3. June Cleaver

Find a chiropractor to go to and you will feel better in a day or two. I spent 2001- 2011 daily on Oxycodone(pain pill), Selaxin (mussle relaxer),Neproxin (anti-inflamitory), and once every 4 months or so Prednasone (steroid) for a bad back. I am here to tell you to forget the pills, and find a chiropractor if you want relief. Find a older one who has been in practice since at least the 1980's if possable. If he has you get on your side to do your back he is not a real chiropractor. The old guys put you face down and pop it back in where it is out and that is the best way. The side twist thing does not work all that well. Be sure you relax when he pops your neck in. If you find a good Dr. you will walk out feeling at least 80% better if not 100%. Good luck! June

4. Wolfie Charm

Or an acupuncturist if you do something other than your doctor. I’d pick one of them over a chiropractor. A friend of mine did and she is 100% again. I guess it all depends on your main issue though…

5. KaraBulut

You should call your doctor. Generally, a couple of days after steroids and anti-inflammatory meds, you should begin seeing improvement.

6. Mrcake

You should be seeing relief from the medications that you are taking. However, you may have hurt your back severely. You may have some disks in your back that are out of place or a bone that is situated wrong. Definitely call your doctor and get x-rays to find out what is going on -- then see a chiropractor for further relief.

7. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I went to the doctor to get x rays but won't know the results till Monday. If Its disk problem or pinched nerve is that fixable without surgery? It's not like I did anything to hurt my back in the first place. Anybody know?

8. June Cleaver

Well it depends... If it is a slipped disc(which is probably the worst possability in your case) than a chiropractor can pop it back in place the first visit. If you are screwed like me and you have any number of herniated or buldging discs than it's surgery. I have 8 bad discs, 5 are ruptured completely and I have bad pain days and some that arn't so bad. I have been in 7 major car accidents since 2000. The 1st bad wreck in 2000 did 5 discs, and in 2010 did 3 more in my neck. So if I were you I would not worry about surgery since you did no harsh trama to your body. If you are heavy, I'll bet it is a slipped disc pinching a nerve. June

9. KaraBulut

It's a question for your doctor but the general practice is that surgery is a last resort.

Most of the time, there's two phases of treatment- medication/rest followed by activity/rehabilitation. Because you are in acute pain, your physician has prescribed medication and rest to allow your body to heal and for the acute inflammation to subside. Once the inflammation is less, he will probably have you see a physical therapist or chiropractor to begin rehabilitation.

The decision whether or not to continue non-surgical treatment will depend on the radiology studies and how well you do over the next week or two.

10. starfish

I've been dealing with back issues for a while now. I have good days, and bad days. The bad days are getting further and further apart, thankfully.

For sure follow up with your doctor. Has he given you an anti-inflammatory? Everyone is different, but they work very well for me? Also be sure you take your meds on schedule.

An important thing to keep in mind is sleep posture. I bought a new bed and that helped a lot. I also sleep with a pillow between legs, as that keeps my spine in a neutral position.

11. ooolivee

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    PLEASE tell me you found out what was wrong! I am the same age having the same problems!!!!

12. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you have a history of pinched nerve in your back? Have you tried going to physio or chiropractor. How long have you been experiencing the pain?

13. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Holy crap batman this thread is back from the dead!

It was a pinched nerve. was good again In three weeks. Three veryyyyy lonnnnnng weeks.

14. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awww I bet. Well I'm glad you're feeling much better :slight_smile: