1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a question about puberty and genital growth

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kingzap321, Mar 29, 2013.

1. kingzap321

ok so i was answering a question on a different thread when it got me thinking about puberty and my own sexual development. anyway so by the time i was like 13-14 puberty was not done for me but my penile growth seemed very ahead of other things. at that time my penis was already 7 inches in length and 5 inches in girth (im talking about erect) (and yes i measured properly)so now tho that im 17 it has hardly changed at all. like im the exact same dimensions as i used to be 3-4 years ago. so im just wonder if that is abnormal or is it actually very common that genital development is rapid like that and does not change much over the rest of puberty? thanks for any responses guys =]
    Luke.

2. Dalmatian

As I understand it it can vary from guy to guy. In my case, it was as with you; what I had at 14 is pretty much what I have now.

3. AKTodd

Yeah - what he said:slight_smile:

Some guys get face and body hair first, some get taller before anything else kicks in, some have everything kind of take off all at once, some get their full genital growth early on, etc. It just kind of varies with the guy.

The closest I've every heard to any sort of 'standard' is that you might develop in the same way as your father did or end up looking somewhat like him (e.g., if he's hairy, you might have a greater chance of being hairy). But even that isn't a hard and fast rule since you can have things bubble up from your grandparents or great-grandparents and of course your mother's family traits are floating around in there somewhere as well.

Todd

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Penis growth tends, on average, to be pretty rapid at puberty (12-14 for most) and then stay about the same for a pretty long time. Sometimes people get a second little "boost" in their early 20s or late teens. What you're describing sounds totally normal.