1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the average penis size?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jackram, Mar 31, 2013.

1. jackram

This is kind of a weird question, but what is the average penis size? XD I'm just curious because eventually I'll have one.

2. I think it is 6 inches, I could be wrong though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Sunshine Cries

At my old high school, it was tradition to ask a health teacher that question at least five times. It's about six inches.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, that's about right (I am told)...although with any average, one should also have a standard deviation (so to speak) :grin:

5. Hexagon

I've been told thats a slight overestimation. People usually add a few centimeters when they report.

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

As to what ive seen people say on this fourm, the average is 4.5 to 5.5 inches. It's certainly not 6 inches.

7. June Cleaver

It's closer to 5 inches being adverage. As far as the guys I have been with they have ranged from 2 to 14 inches. Most of them have been between 6 and 7 from base to tip measured from the top. Yes most guys can't measure for sure. Not Mike my current partner, but my last FWB last year told me he was 8 :eusa_liar which did not thrill me and really made me worry he was too big to have fun with, then when the time came for it to come out it was more like 5 1/2 which was perfect for a good time. I should have known he would be off a bit. It is the laid back ones who don't tell, you have to watch out for! OUCH! :roflmao: June

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You make a good point, I'm in clinical research and the methodology of measurement has to be well-established right from the start. So establishing the "base" is probably critical. I would select measurement from the base at the top of the penis (where it meets the pubic bone) to the tip (erect), as it is a definite demarcation point.

Of course there are also certain natural curvatures that make measurement less that linear...so a flexible measuring tape that can follow the (sometimes quite weird) curvatures is also "de rigeur" (so to speak) :icon_bigg

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    According to what I read on my local NHS site, which is pretty accurate, for adults, the average penis size is about 14-16cm (5.5-6.3 inches) when it is erect. The average girth around for an erect penis is 12-13cm (4.7-5.1 inches).

Anything below is going toward a Micro Penis, anything over is above average & going towards big :slight_smile:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/penis-health/Pages/penis-size.aspx

10. KaraBulut

11. June Cleaver

One thing I forgot to mention is all the above mentioned guys were white guys with a couple spanish ones mixed in. I understand size adverages change among races of humans. Like black, spanish, aisin, etc. I am not really sure if race makes a diffrence due to my lack of experence but the spanish ones were all on the bigger side I had... June

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    During World War 2, Winston Churchill was asked to review a proposal for a condom-like rubber tube to cover the entire length of rifles during inclement weather. After some thought he replied that if this "condom" should ever fall into enemy hands, an inscription should be found on it with the following: "British-made, medium size"

13. Ridiculous

You need to be in something like the smallest 1% to be classified as having micropenis, so it's a long way below average.