1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it infected?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DrWhoMyLove, Apr 3, 2013.

1. DrWhoMyLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, so I cut myself on my leg the other day and Im worried it might be infected. Im already getting professional help so no need to tell me to get any. I cut my leg yesterday and Im worried it might be infected because some of the deeper cuts are dark red, more swollen and more painful than the others. Does this mean there infected?

2. Femmeme

Possibly, is it crusty or weeping fluid? Is there discoloration around the cuts? I suggest cleaning the cuts, rinsing them with peroxide and following up with neosporin and clean bandages.

3. DrWhoMyLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Its kind of crusty but no fluid is coming out, and yes there is a bit of discoloration. thanks for the advice!

4. Linguistic_Geek

is it warm to touch? warm=infection

5. Mysz

Take care if you see red lines or streaks coming out from the cuts in a day or few. Those are a sign of serious infection.
    But following Femme's advice you oughta be fine :slight_smile: Just don't overdo the peroxide or iodine- those are great antiseptics, but promote scar tissue formation. I hope the cuts aren't too deep :slight_smile: Get better soon!