1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest ways to lose weight?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JillandJill, Apr 8, 2013.

1. JillandJill

How do you lose the most weight fastest? This includes tips, workouts, just how to get my butt in shape in the smallest amount of time!

2. theMaverick

I'm working on losing weight, and what I've done is using a site called MyFitnessPal. Find out how many calories you should be eating per day, and then don't eat more than that. Walk, run, light weights, do yoga, anything that gets you up and active. So far, I've lost 13 pounds.

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

1000x this! I stsrted using that same app as a food journal after I hit a plateau in my weight loss. I've lost 22 pounds so far. Just keeping a food journal and sticking to it works really well.

4. saggitarius91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Juicing veggies really helps.

5. theMaverick

I've struggled to lose weight for years, and since I've been using this for the past 2 months, I'm amazed at how easy it is to lose weight. It doesn't have to be complicated.

6. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Body composition is 80% diet, 20% exercise. Sure, lifting will get you toned, but if your goal is losing fat, the best thing you can do is to cut out foods from your diet that cause your insulin levels to spike, since that is the hormone that causes the body to store fat rather than burn it.
    So, stop eating refined sugars and simple carbohydrates. Ideally no grains, but depending on your financial situation that may or may not be totally realistic. If you drink soda, stop.
    I know this may not be the most well-received advice, but it is what worked for me.

7. bello

bello Guest

A good way keeping in mind the "calorie in, calorie out" method. This means that you have to figure out your caloric intake, so if you consume less calories than what your body consumes, it will lead to weight loss (this is called a calorie deficit) but if you consume more calories than your body burns...weight gain...so, keep your calories in check and set a daily limit of how many calories you need to take for your body to go in a calorie deficit.

Another way of losing weight fast is doing some good ol' exercise. You'll help your body burn extra calories but making your heart rate go up! 30-45 mins of cardio 4 to 5 times a week would definitely get you to your ideal weight goal.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have no answers for fast that don't involve pain and burnout. I recommend small adjustments to your lifestyle over time. Try to walk/jog 30 minutes every other day. Do a 45 minute walk/job on the third day, and take two days off (i.e. Monday, Wednesday are short days, Friday is the long day. Try to do two days a week of light weight lifting on alternating days with respect to the running schedule (i.e. Tuesday and Thursday are weight training days). Take Saturday and Sunday off.

Don't deny yourself food--i.e. hunger is not good. Just eat what you want, when you want, but make smart decisions. Instead of going for sour candies, eat fruits instead.

9. Ariadne

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This is pretty much it, but make sure your calories come from healthy sources! Combine it with running, yoga, or some sort of physical activity, lots of water, and you should lose weight soon. Remember not to fall for fad diets, good old fashioned diet and excercise works best!

10. Loveless

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not really a expert on weight loss, (340 pound football player :grin:), but I've found that nothing makes you lose weight than a workout that leaves you breathless from start to finish. I've just figured that people lose weight so slowly because they go on these light workouts and i think that's just not right. I just think that going balls out in your workout gives the best results. After a month of football i went from 340 pounds to 296 pounds. Also fun weight loss fact here. Did you know that you don't lose all of your calories during the workout, in fact you lose the calories as you sleep after the workout because the body expels it into the air as a gas form because that is the most efficient way to vent calories.

11. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the fastest?
    smoke some weed... pounds drop like crazy...

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2013 at 11:00 PM ----------

oh shit... ignore my post guys.... i didnt read your question i just saw the heading and went with it

my bad...............

12. JillandJill

Really pounds drop like crazy when you smoke weed?
    And I don't care how much it hurts or what it takes, I just want to get the weight off NOW because I don't feel like myself with all this yuck around me.

13. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I started running a lot. It seemed to work well. I don't really do much in terms of dieting. I just have what I like, within reason.

14. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you loose weight too fast you'll get loose skin. Cardio is best to burn fat, and exercises like squats, or pushups are good for strenght and toning of muscles.

15. That Kid

1. WATCH YOUR CARBS! This includes your typical complex carbohydrates such as those in bread, but also any simple sugars you eat.

2.Any carbs you do eat, check the Glycemic Index(GI) of it, carbs with empty calories and little fiber are the worst. Avoid white bread, potatoes, pasta, and anything with added sugar.

3. Get plenty of fiber, it makes you fuller faster and helps increase you metabolism.

4. Drink a lot of water, It makes you feel less hungry and it makes the fiber you're eating more effective.

5.Eat smaller meals. It keeps your metabolism at its highest and prevents you from pigging out at dinner time. Also make sure you eat breakfast, it really is the most important meal of the day.

6.Avoid processed foods, get as close to the food in its natural state as you can.

7. Cheat on your diet every now and then, nothing is wrong with moderation.

8.When it comes to exercise, cardio is key for losing weight.

So all and all, get the right nutrients and try to rack up a decent calorie deficit. Just make sure you're eating enough. If you go under 1000 calories a day for a few days, you run the risk of putting your body into starvation mode. We don't want that:icon_sad:

Anyway, good luck(!)

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2013 at 03:27 PM ----------

The trick is to take a hit about 15 minutes before you plan to eat. It does wonders.:lol:

16. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't. Fast weight loss is bad for your health.

If you're overweight, you should be aiming for slow but steady weight loss.

17. Dee

Dee

Out Status:
    Some people
    Do a google search for optifast. Its is a doctor facilitated low calorie diet and you will lose weight fast. Products also available on amazon. 2 to 5 pounds per week.

18. JillandJill

Thanks everyone. The sad thing is I am not overweight at all, I just can't stand to have visible fat on my body.

19. Jay

Jay

I know it's been said but it's not about losing weight, is about keeping it off the healthy way.

Never skip breakfast (or a meal in it's entirety), eat good carbs in moderation but never eat them during dinner, nor eat fruits at night.

That seems to work for me.

20. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't have any visible fat on your body, you'll be severely underweight.

You may want to talk to a counselor. It sounds like you might have an eating disorder.