1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preparing for sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Scenestealer, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Scenestealer

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've never had consensual sex so I don't really know how to prepare for it. Not only like physically, but mentally and emotionally. Help...?

2. Eleanor Rigby

This ,this and that should answer most of your questions about how to get ready physically.
    Now, mentally and emotionally, that's a different story, especially as your first sentence seems to imply you've been abused in the past.
    I think that the best thing you can do for yourself is to wait for a partner that you'll know and trust very much. When you're having sex with someone you're not only getting naked, you're getting vulnerable. You want to be with someone you'll know will respect you and care for you, who will make sure you feel safe and comfortable with whatever is going on between the two of you.
    I think the best way to be assured your partner is going to be caring and gentle when you'll get in the bedroom with them is not to get in the bedroom with them in the first place but to get to know each other first. The time you'll spend dating, talking, going to the movies, having dinner, hugging, kissing... before having sex isn't going to be lost time. It's going to help you build up enough trust in your partner to get naked and vulnerable without fear.
    I hope that helps a little. If you have any other question, please ask :slight_smile:
    Take care, Cécile