1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insomnia?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tim, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Is there anyway to help this without Sleeping Pills? :3

I've now been up 57 hours and still not tired... I know that one cappuccino couldn't have effected me that much. I used to have a massive sleeping problem in 10th grade (3 years ago), but it went away after a bit. I was up for a week at one time during that period. I passed out in the swimming pool during PE, I wasn't even tired, my teacher didn't notice, my friends did though, and pulled me up within 10 seconds. I hadn't noticed it, but I was told I wasn't making sense when I spoke, which made no sense to me, as everything I said sounded legitimately like it always does.

Is there any reason this may be happening? My doctor just said it was insomnia last time I went in, and subscribed sleeping pills, which didn't work, but made me feel so much worse while I was awake.

I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing can be classified as insomnia though, as you tend to be tired with insomnia, you just can't get to sleep. I'm wide awake though... Getting off the computer now though, I hate the internet on April 1st, too many freakin pranksters -.-

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I find sleeping pills (well the Nytol ones from the chemist) to be useless too. I have only ever used them a couple of times and I wake up feeling worse then when I went to bed. Herbal ones just do nothing at all. So I agree that they are not a solution.

I can't really help with the lack of tiredness though. The caffine in the cappuccino should wear off in a few hours at the most.

3. Extreme26

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How about doing some exercise...go to the gym or something, surely that will make you tired!

4. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm tempted to think that this is an april fool's joke....but since we're in the support area...I hope it's not....I mean it would be better if it were :rolleyes:

But anyway, that's more than 2 days non-stop :eek:
    See a doctor. An other one.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I noticed that he said "Getting off the computer now though, I hate the internet on April 1st, too many freakin pranksters -.-" but assumed it was genuine too.

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is genuine, he was talking about it on msn before he went to sleep.

One of my mates had insomnia, and he said that the best way for him to sleep was to get a bath before going to sleep as he felt relaxed when he was trying to sleep rather than worrying about whether he could or not.

7. Orion

Hmm I used to have insomnia, I remember a truly horrible week in which I couldn't sleep, I remember the maximum sleep I had was three hours, then I would wake up etc, etc.

Coffee doesn't energize me, nothing puts me to sleep, even sedatives, I did seem to calm with a little bit of sexual release though. :icon_redf

Apart from that I just needed to clear my head, going out, excersicing (sp) walking around, relaxing and not worrying about anything.
    That reminds me I need to clear my head.

8. Tim

Tim

I finally konked out after waiting for my mom to get off the computer. Not sure what it was, I had just done a lot of venting on EC and on myspace, which may have been it. I remember back when I was up for a week, it was when I was going through a phase I was trying to hide a lot of stuff.

I'll try exercising today, and see if that helps. I don't exercise a lot (which is probably what causes my weight problem XD), but we do have a treadclimber, which acts like a treadmill as well, so I'll try that. :slight_smile: