1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effective, natural cleanser?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by theMaverick, Apr 11, 2013.

1. theMaverick

Does anyone know of an effective natural cleanser for your body/face that will help reduce acne? I know there's 100 things at Walmart that would probably work, but I want something that doesn't have who-knows-what kind of chemicals in them.

I have sort of sensitive, dry skin also. So much of the stuff is so harsh.

Thanks in advance :grin:

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2013 at 03:54 PM ----------

Oh also, if it could be found at Walgreens or Walmart or somewhere similar, that would be best, but if I can't get it there, tell me where to look.

2. Mrcake

Well here are some natural things that help clear up your face/prevent acne: Blueberries , acai berry, pomegranate's , aloe. By the way, I have the same problem as you and my acne is hormone related - I use this wal mart brand that is 1% salicylic acid and has avocado in it. It keeps my face moist and has helped me out a lot!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A friend who has beautiful skin used to swear by diluted tea tree oil.

I've also heard of a traditional Chinese remedy, using egg yolks on the skin, letting it dry, and then washing it off. Apparently it both removes oil and nourishes the skin with Vitamin A, which helps eliminate acne.

Sometimes the best stuff is the least processed and least expensive :slight_smile:

4. Wolfie Charm

Is it more blackheads or…? I meant to respond earlier with the stuff I used to use, though I wouldn’t call it natural. For that I agree with the others. (I read about some people using elmer's glue and peeling it off when it dries, but I don’t know about doing that lol.)

So what I did use was Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub after reading several reviews from males and females with skin dry or oily. I thought it worked fantastic, and as a bonus my skin was smooth after the first use. I used it up a few weeks ago and started a new one today because they always return worse in the summer. (Ugh!) I’ll post it if you want/it seems even better than the one I mentioned. :slight_smile:

5. theMaverick

I get whiteheads on my face, and sometimes just red bumps, and then on my upper arms, I get these little red bumps. I'll try out your recommendations!

6. Femmeme

You could try washing your face with honey. Just plain old honey like you put in tea, use it like you would a liquid soap. It's antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial. Some people finding it moisturizing and some people too drying though, it really just depends on your skin.

7. Mrcake

This is the stuff I use and it has worked so well for me the past 4 months! Here

8. theMaverick

Cool, thanks :grin: