1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eating Disorder..

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Theagonist, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I want to keep this brief, sooooooooo:

I've been insecure about myself, since Idk, for a long time, at least since last year.
    I really, really hate my body, I just think it's disgusting, and a lot of people tend to disagree, but they don't see me naked, like I do, everyday. I really want to lose weight, right now, I weight 132 and I'm 5'5", maybe 10 pounds would be great, I can lose like three, but then it just gain it back, I hate it. I know I'm not overweight, but I just hate my body, I have fat around my belly, and a lotttttt around my side. I'm not really skinny >.> And I hate having my shirt off sooooooo much, especially during soccer practice because everyone else is so skinny, and I'm not, at all
    And since last year I've had off and on bulimic problems, It's really not very constencent, but my binging sure is :/

And I did purge tonight, and now my stomach feels weird, and throat hurts

I just want to be skinny.. why can't I :'(

2. Rexmond

I've been significantly skinny since birth due to being born 3 months prematurely. Like seriously skinny, and I hate it. Imo being skinny is such a bad choice, and I'd definitely rather be fat. Being skinny can crush your self image and confidence as much as being fat does, even worse, because it's not as common.

3. Hopeful

I feel the same way sometimes. I'm 20, female, 5'5" but weigh 150-155 lbs. It kind of fluctuates. It seems like no matter what I do, I never lose the stomach flab and weight on my hips. I just try to tell myself that I'm very healthy and that my body type is just like that. If I don't care, others shouldn't either and if they do - they aren't true friends. Good luck and try to feel good about yourself! If you're in soccer, then you're getting exercise and hopefully that'll help you out a bit. :slight_smile:

4. LD579

Well, I'm sure you know that purging isn't good. 132 pounds for 5'5" at 16 may not be skinny... But it 100% for sure is not fat or overweight. If this is an issue for you, you won't lose fat by purging. You'll lose weight, because you're basically emptying your stomach's contents, but you're not losing fat.

If you want to lose fat, a change in diet and substantial exercise can help greatly.

Also, you're likely still growing. Perhaps you'll grow taller and leaner, too? It's definitely a possibility, and it's not unlikely or unfathomable at all.

5. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really don't think I'm going to grow much anymore, I didn't even grow an inch from last year

6. LD579

You could still grow leaner, though. Maybe you still have fat left over from when you were younger (that's not bad at all, it just... is). Really, you're still growing up. Many guys have weight changes over their teenage years, whether it's a combination of hormones and such, diet changes, or whatever. Basically, I'm trying to say that you don't need to worry about losing weight, for now. Really.

I know it can be hard, but... I figure another voice of support can't hurt in helping you overcome your difficulties. You just have to keep telling yourself positive things =)

7. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    And it's seems like everyone else my age can eat whatever the fuck they want and stay skinny. but now me.
    God I hate this

8. RavenclawSeeker

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh, hon! (*hug*) I know the feeling, but just think, what other people think doesn't matter. Not only that, but being a little heavier and healthy beats being super skinny and unhealthy. As long as you're healthy, you don't have anything to worry about. Like others said, you may still be growing, and muscles and other stuff could still be shifting. Men don't stop growing until they're like nineteen (I think it's about that age). And for the record, I'm speaking from expierence of bullying and caring more about what opthers think (which I finally got over and now, I am who Iam). Just learn to be proud of being what you are and who you are. Really hon, you are beautiful and perfect, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. (*hug*)

Here, maybe a dancing banana will help? (!) Either way dear, don't put yourself down. (*hug*)

9. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not really like that... I really don't care that much about what others think about myself (to a level); it's more like about how I find attractive on myself, which is defiantly not what I'm like now -_-