1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh my teeth... Just fed up

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gazza123, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Okay

So I know I made a thread a while back about whether you guys would date someone who didn't have perfect teeth and most of you said you would

But I don't believe it.

My teeth are far from perfect and never will be. I didn't look after them when I was younger and I'm paying the price now. They not completely horrible, I've saw worse but they bad in that I ratter lock myself away and never go outside.

I'm obsessed with looking at other people's teeth. Hating them for having better teeth than me and thinking why the hell are you bothering talking to a freak like me. I'm not all that happy about how I look and this is just another nail in the coffin.

I go to the dentist but haven't been in while. Personally bvsuse I'm going to support to try and make myself feel better and going to the dentist will only bring back to square one. I do what I can now but I feel as thought in fighting a loosing battle. Besides dentists say you need this and this and this and dont have the money for the more expensive stuff.... And root canals hurt according to my mam who had obe her face got swollen. And they are expensive.

I'm just fed up of it all and jury wanna cry and be alive forever.

This probably sounds stupid you all since there a bigger problems in the world but not to me. I just wish it was all over with as what's the point in living if I cant enjoy life.

Why do I even bother?????????

:bang:

2. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

You're not going to be alone forever. If someone doesn't like you just because you don't have perfect teeth then they're an asshole and you can find better.

However, if something is wrong with you're teeth that requires a root canal or you have a cavity then you need to see a dentist.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was just looking at a Dentist Site in the Sunderland area!

Dental Charges | Silver and Charlton

I noticed that Crown(s)/veneer(s)
    Denture or bridge were priced at £214.00

If you don't work you can get help on the NHS, if you do work, would it not be possible to try & save for treatment, or take out a loan, at the end of the day, what price can you put on your happiness & if this is what will make you happy, then go for it :slight_smile:

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Root canals hurt! A lot!

I'm not putting myself through that much pain. Besides I've read that some root canals don't work anyway

Expensive! I can't get a loan anyway...

It just seems like a lot of work and pain that I don't want to go through.

I'm just sick

I look in the mirror and think "yeah they don't look that bad" but then I think "no they crap"

5. Femmeme

I've had two root canals. They worked just fine and it honestly didn't hurt that badly. The first day, sure it hurt but I was on pain meds. The next day or so it was fine.

6. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Not from what I've heard. Plus crowns and that cost too much

And can't have one without the other

And I am terrified of the dentist

7. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Catch 22 - you don't go to the dentists because you're scared what they say will cost you financially/because you don't want to feel bad about yourself.

Not going to the dentist is, long-term, going to cost you much much more money, and mean your teeth get in such a bad state that you end up with none to worry about.

There is a limit to what you pay if you see a NHS dentist. There are three bands of pay - if you do need root canal (and I won't lie, they fucking hurt!) then you pay the middle band of £49 (that would also cover xrays, fillings, hygienist). That's the price of a night out - actually, much less than a good night out! And in the long run, you'll feel better about yourself.

You just have to see it through - unless you want to end up eating apples by using a knife to cut them.

8. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Besides now scaring the crap out of me since a I know i will probably need two of the evil buggers that are root canals

Your forgetting the price of crowns which are over £200

9. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have horrible teeth(chipped front tooth and others breaking apart).Just went and got the chip and two others fixed today.It was embarrassing since I hadn"t been to a dentist in * yrs.I hate the dentist.Just the thought of the pain scares me to death.I'm paying per tooth and the crowns make me wait a couple checks to afford but it is all so worth it.People tell me my smile looks better now then before my front tooth even broke....Don't be scared.It is worth it.

10. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I actually have an appointment booked not next Wednesday but the one after

I think before the examination am going have a word and explain everything my worries, concerns, what I want doing, if there is a payment plan since I only work part time

Hopefully get somewhere

But braces, im not sure... They don't look good

11. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm glad you've made an appointment! They're so used being nervous/scared they know how to deal with it, I mean...who likes going to the dentist?

And I looked it up, dentures cost the same amount as having caps/crowns - so one way or another you'll end up paying that £219. Better to pay it to get your teeth fixed than having every one pulled out.

12. Jay

Jay

I just dated a guy with awful teeth. Did it bother me? Yes, for five fucking seconds. After the first minute that we spoke and we started knowing each other, it wasn't important. After a couple dates, I didn't care at all!

13. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Well I sure hope it is as painless as possible and that they have a payment plan cuz if I need crowns. I can't afford £200 out the bank. I only work part time and can't get a loan

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2013 at 01:03 PM ----------

And am not scared

I'm petrified :eek:

14. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I'm honest, I'll say it's more the anticipation of what's going to happen rather than what actually happens that's worse for me. Sitting in the reception area...well, there's no feeling quite like it in the world. I agree, it's petrifying.

Once you're in the chair, then you know within 30 mins or so you're going to be on the bus back home - there's nothing you can't handle. Small kids go every single day. It's not going to kill you.

15. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

But it will hurt like hell

16. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It'll hurt, but nowhere near as much as you think it will.

If you've ever broken a bone, it's nothing compared to that. To me, being kicked in the balls is much worse, if you're looking for a comparison.

17. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I've had fillings

I've had a few filling but a root canal is meant to much much worse

I'll break a bone then maybe it won't be so bad haha :roflmao: