1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abilify

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Daydreamer1, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with Abilify. I've been on it for almost a week and one of the side effects, mainly trouble sleeping, is almost unbearable. If you had a side effect like that, how long did it take for it to pass? I'll be seeing my therapist in a few days so I'll bring it up, even though I'm sure I'll get told I need to give it time to work.

Thanks if you can help.

2. Hefiel

"Trouble Sleeping" is amongst the known side-effect of Abilify. If you talk to your doctor about it, it's possible that he could change your medication to something else that hopefully won't give you that side-effect.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Along with the trouble sleeping, nausea and drowsiness have been other issues. It bites feeling tired all day.

4. Hefiel

Yeah, definitively talk to your doctor about it to try and get a different medication. It's possible that your nausea and drowsiness is a side-effect of your trouble sleeping however, but at this stage it's better to see if you can change meds if it prevents you from functioning normally.

With that being said, don't stop taking your meds until you see your doctor. Safer for yourself this way, despite the side-effects.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll bring it up to somebody soon. My schedule is tight all month so I can't really find time for new sessions or appointments. I was told by someone that Abilify is pretty heavy stuff and seeing videos by people who have been on it make me regret getting on it.

6. photoguy93

I'm pretty sure a close friend is on it. She sleeps.... A lot! Like, she's out at 9 at night. She will wake up at 7 or so, but it's a hard schedule if you are busy.
    But, here's my little pitch with medicine and health care - if it's a problem, FIND THE TIME. don't make it harder on yourself and then harder on your doctor to fix it. Go and get it figured out. Give yourself the best you can.