1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wet dream reflex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LuckyScrubs, Apr 18, 2013.

1. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I only experience wet dreams about 3-4x. 2 years ago was my first and it happened twice in one night (wasn't sure it was possible) and the next ones happened in the next couple of months with months apart. But since last year, I have this feeling/urges that happened about 2-4x to this day that whenever I dreamnt of sexual acts, I would instantly wake up upon climax which I think might be triggered by my brain, traumatized of the first experience, to prevent from ejaculating in sleep. Is this normal? My friends don't believe that people can stop wet dream from happening.

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I haven't heard of it before, but looking at it logically I'd say it's highly possible. If you ejaculate semen and are wet, then I could understand the body causing reflex responses to wake you up, in a similar fashion to waking up if you were wet (to prevent drowning) or just generally things touching you (I.E your body thinking you're in trouble).

I doubt there's any underlying problem, it's probably just that your body is hypersensitive to change. Some people are so sensitive even a little dust will wake them up abruptly.

All the best.

3. That Kid

What's happening is completely normal, nothing to worry about there. As far as stopping wet dreams from happening, masturbation actually helps for a lot of people.