1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling with Hormones

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Eli, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Eli

Eli Guest

Hi all-
    I'm taking four weeks this summer to visit my family in the UK, and I'm currently on T. I was wondering if anyone had experience traveling with hormones and syringes? I could pack them in my suitcase, but do I need to declare syringes?

I'm a bit worried about the whole thing, particularly with the TSA being... less than accepting of differences. Any advice would be much appreciated!

2. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had to travel with syringes before - and I've always had to declare them. I've also always carried a note from my GP stating why I need them.

Mine get carried in my hand luggage, so it may be different if yours are going in the hold. If in doubt, always check with your airline/airport prior to travelling.

Not sure if this is any help to you in general, but there is a page on the TSA website that may be of use (doesn't specifically mention needles)

Transgender Travelers | Transportation Security Administration

3. KaraBulut

Testosterone is a controlled substance in the US. The medication- particularly the injectable form- will need to be clearly labeled with your name and the prescribing doctor. It will also have to adhere to TSA rules about carrying liquids through the checkpoint.

It would also not be a bad idea to carry a letter from your physician if the gender on your identification and passport are different from your outward appearance.