Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Scaredboy728, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Scaredboy728

I am pretty sure that i am gay. I wish that i could come out but im scared. The problem is that i am afraid that this fear might not be good for my well being

2. Brett

The fear is natural, and almost everyone feels it. So, don't worry about it, and come out when you're ready. Remember not to let others talk you into it, this is your decision.

Best of luck,
    BreTt

3. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi...what you're feeling is natural...the majority of EC members will tell you the same so you're not alone. It won't do you any harm...most people fear the unknown...

You've come to the right place to have all your questions answered, so take your time, ask and keep asking. It'll get better, promise.

4. RENThead

for some people it takes time to realise what they are. for some it happens over night.

you dont need to push yourself to come out... you and only you will know when you are ready, and you will know.

what exactly are you scared of?
    being gay - or people's reactions?

5. STK

STK Guest

Dude, I was VERY scared when I was about to come out. I knew that my mom was pro-gay and has gay and lesbian friends, but I had no clue what my dad's response would be. Turns out he took it a bit better than my mom in the long run... See my past threads for more details about that.

6. KaraBulut

Keep in mind there's two pieces of coming out-
    1. Coming out to yourself
    2. Coming out to everyone else

Well, it sounds like you're still working on the first part of coming out- coming out to yourself and accepting yourself as a gay person.

If you're still working on that first part, there's no rush on the second part - coming out others - to the important people in your life.

There's a time and place for coming out and there will be a time and place for you, too.

7. tehnathan

*hugs* Almost everyone has been there.

8. Grof142007

(*hug*) no rush for coming out. took me 2 years after i accepted that I'm gay :slight_smile: so feel free to take your time(&&&)

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Fear is a common emotion here. I think as you talk to more people and become more happy and confident with yourself, the fear will diminish. Hang in there!