1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronic fatigue syndrome

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RedPowerRanger, Apr 19, 2013.

1. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi I have had this condition now for 15 years and missed my young adulthood. Chronic fatigue or ME some call it is that it makes you weak and very tired everyday. You can get a foggy head which is not a headache just horrible feeling in your head. You just stare nearly everyday because you are so exshusted. Mostly you in bed nearly everyday. I`m in a wheelchair because my legs can`t take it. Sure their are better days then others as you learn how to manage this condition. Anyone else with this or know someone?

2. sillyolme

I actually know so many people with this/ have known. My mum, My sister's boyfriend's mum, his sister... The list continues. Luckily, my mum's condition has gotten so much better, but she still has her bad days. Great thing I find with people with ME is that they have a great sense of humour and can look on the bright side of things. Whenever my mum is exausted to the point of not being able to climb the stairs alone, she is always laughing as my dad has to push her up the stairs.

I am sorry you have this though, as I would not wish this on anyone, just because it really is so life-limiting. I hope it gets better (*hug*)

3. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks. I would laugh to. Have you thought about bidding for a bungalow from the council? I dont know how it works sorry. Mum dealt with it. It would help your mum. Anybody else with this condition?

4. sillyolme

Unfortunately, this is not an option for us because both my parents are childminders so working space and sleeping space needs to be separated. However, my mum only really gets like that if she pushes herself too much. If she is going to have a bad day, she normally spends most of the time resting

5. WeAreYoung

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey there :slight_smile: I've had the condition when i was 16 to about 18 and a half. Spent a lot of time in bed, tried to get up for school and ended up collapsing on the bathroom floor after a shower, horrible random pains.... lost many friends because a lot of people just don't understand the condition! I don't honestly know how I got better, I guess even now if i overdo it i suffer more than most. I really hope things get better for you, it really is a piece of **** illness.