1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with my writer's block

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Hard Candy, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi friends. Men's Health asked me to write an article in their upcoming issue, but I cannot come up with a good idea. I'm sure some of you guys read Men's Health. Can you give me some cool topics to cover? Just a topic, that's all. :slight_smile:

2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've read the magazine, but not regularly in recent history.

No idea on specific topics (too bad no one else has spoken up!). But I have written nonfiction for publication, and the stuff that I still like was stuff written because the topic deeply interested me at the time. Other stuff written because I had to write something leaves me feeling a bit cold.

One general area that you might not be ideal for: those Men's Health articles on ways to satisfy women in bed...

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2013 at 12:20 PM ----------

Oh, yes, good luck! I suppose I'll page through a copy of the magazine in a few months at my library, and wonder if any of the articles are yours...

3. Music Heals

I'm clearly not a man, and have never read this magazine, but writing about something not not really talked about, like men who suffer from bulimia or something, might be kinda cool. Or something about the nutrition of fish, since it's fishing season. Or at least I think it is. I'm a vegetarian... Ok, clearly I'm not being very helpful. Good luck! :slight_smile:

4. IrishEyes1989

Wow, congrats on the writing gig! As an aspiring freelancer myself, I would be interested to know how you landed it! :slight_smile:

As for topics, usually Men's Health focuses mostly on exercise tips for men, right? I think my dad has a subscription because I see it laying around the house every once in a while lol.

I don't know if this would be something you would be interested in or comfortable writing about, but perhaps you could do a piece on gay/bi/questioning men and the pressure they face living in a straight world. Obviously that's pretty broad and has been written about before, but if you could hone in on a really specific aspect of it (i.e. the experience of gay men in professions typically characterized by overt masculinity, such as construction). Anyway, just an idea. Best of luck with the article, I'm sure it will be fantastic!! Let us know what you decide to write about!