1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

summer time work out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by stumble along, Apr 24, 2013.

1. stumble along

hey all, since im going to be very very bored this summer I was planning on getting in more physical shape over the summer to help with my self esteem and a bunch of other stuff.

so right now I weigh about 128.5 pounds (5'8") and what I usually do when im home is go on my treadmill and run 3-4 miles (usually takes me half an hour, well, 25 minutes) and then afterwards I go do weights. Im trying to make my pecs a little bigger (not man breast status, just a little bit, and my goal is to lose the majority of the body fat and have muscle outline, no six pack shiznit) so I'm slowly amping up the amount of pushups I do along with increasing weight whenever I can do 3 sets of 10 reps on whatever excercise im doing.

I also will be playing a lot of tennis (hopefully) and after a while I will start swimming.

so basically im just asking for advice and diet tips

I wont be starting till the weekend after next and I might be going on a trip but ill definitely be working out within the end of next month.

if you guys want more info just ask!!

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your BMI is 19.5 (normal weight is 18.5-24.9). So you don't need to worry about fat.

Gaining muscle, on the other hand, wouldn't hurt. Just make sure you eat enough to support that muscle. Eat healthy food, and enough of it that your hunger is satisfied.

3. Ridiculous

My advice: start now, not in a few weeks. You'd be two weeks closer to your goal if you start now rather than waiting for two weeks.

BMI doesn't say anything about body fat percentage or other body composition stats (even though you are probably still correct). I've seen quite a few people with low BMI's but high body fat!

4. stumble along

I wish I could start right now, I ran two miles to buy fast food but thats because i was hungry. I dont have the time to dedicate to a work out until im done with school.