1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acne + blowing nose

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BudderMC, Apr 26, 2013.

1. BudderMC

Silly question, but I think I just had a thought while in the shower yesterday. I've been having issues with acne, most of which seems to be stemming from keeping my face clean (and not touching my face throughout the day...). I also seem to be blowing my nose constantly throughout the day (another thing I should get checked out).

Would it make some degree of sense to say that the acne on/around my nose could be partly caused from rubbing/irritating the skin with tissues all the time? I do usually seem to have a higher degree of acne there than the rest of my face.

2. Wolfie Charm

I think it could be. People seem to touch their noses more than other parts of their face. Next up is there cheeks where the phone goes if they talk a lot; for work especially (public phone). Do you use any washes? I use a Johnson and Johnson one. I think it's called Clean and Clear. Works great for me and I have issues finding good ones that mess with my skin.

3. KaraBulut

Friction is known to worsen breakouts- it's particularly a problem during warm or humid periods. There's even a name for it- acne mechanica.

It's not necessarily the cause in this case- but it might be making the existing problem worse.