1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sensitive Gums?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GayAndHappylol, May 1, 2013.

1. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    So everytime i eat an ice-cream(Like now)my gums are in BIG pain,and i brush my teeth everyday,they keep bleeding,and it hurts like hell,also the other time i was eating chips,and one chip tore my upper gum T.T ...why my gums are so sensitive?Does anybody else has the same problem?

#1 GayAndHappylol, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  2. tryhtwfr

I honestly did have the same situation but then I started using:

[​IMG]

It does really help and now I can enjoy eating ice-cream without my gums being in severe pain (I brush with it every day) .

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    ty ill try it

4. KaraBulut

When is the last time that you went to a dentist?

5. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    I visit my dentist every month.

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Funny coincidence. Just last week I had an issue with gums being swollen and bleeding; I think tobacco use and lackluster dental hygiene was causing gingivitis to develop.

Anyway I decided to stop oral tobacco use and implement a new dental hygiene routine; I started brushing using my old power toothbrush multiple times a day instead of just using a manual toothbrush once or twice a day. A manual toothbrush should be fine though as long as you're willing to put enough effort into getting into every crevice (I obviously hadn't been).

I began using a water flosser to irrigate my gums and help clean them out, since regular floss was too painful and made my gums bleed too much. I try using regular floss to the extent that I can too.

I also rinse out multiple times per day and before brushing using antiseptic mouthwash (e.g. Listerine). After brushing I also rinse with a mix of hydrogen peroxide and water. Finally I finish up by rinsing with a mix of warm water, salt, and baking soda.

I only go to the dentist once every few months so I really wanted to deal with this on my own rather than wait months for the dentist, lest it develop into something worse, and so far my routine seems to be working, my gums used to bleed and turn my mouth crimson red every time I brushed my teeth, now they don't bleed at all when I brush and the inflammation is greatly reduced.

I also have a problem with sensitive teeth so I sometimes brush with Sensodyne, however I've considered that a separate problem from inflamed, bleeding gums, which can be gingivitis. If you allow it to develop, it will eventually turn into periodontitis and cause teeth loss, so take it seriously.

7. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for all these tips,i hope they work.