1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always feeling cold

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Daydreamer1, May 1, 2013.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what to say other than I've been noticing how I'm always feeling cold. A warm or hot shower doesn't help, same goes for wearing layers. It's especially weird now because it's going to be in the 70s all week. Does anyone have ideas what might be causing this?

2. Hefiel

Have you taken your temperature? You might have a fever.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just took it and it said 99 F.

4. Yui

Yui

Are you underweight? Are you eating enough/not doing any low calorie diets?

Do you know if your thyroid is doing what it's supposed to do? An underactive thyroid can be the reason for always being cold.
    Anemia (low red blood cell count) could be a reason as well.

If it's really bothering you, you're better off seeing your doctor to have some blood tests done.

5. Hefiel

Doesn't seem like a fever. A little higher than the normal 98.2 which is the oral average, but human body is known for fluctuations, so there's nothing to worry there.

I'm searching on Google for some possible cause and I've come to various (interesting) results. According to a psychological study, a feeling of loneliness could be attributed to the feeling of physically being cold.

Another one (and more likely) is a poor blood circulation. This link covers a few causes, but don't panic with all that is described there. At best you could see a doctor.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm about 128 pounds, so for my height I'm in a healthy weight class. With eating, I'm either eating a lot or having a reduced appetite from being on meds (I guess both are a side effect from Abilify). I'm also on thyroid medication...levothyroxine I think it's called. I'm seeing my doctor in a few weeks, possibly for blood work.

I suspected anemia being one of the causes, but I won't jump the gun just yet.

7. Linguistic_Geek

I would guess thyroid. If you are on a medication, maybe it is working toooo well? Might want to see if you can get into see your dr. sooner than a few weeks.