1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Eating

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pwnorton, Apr 9, 2008.

1. pwnorton

For the past few days, I haven't been eating normally at all. In about 3 days, I have had a total of 3 (small) meals. On the first day, I didn't have anything for 10 hours after waking up, and the 2nd and 3rd days, I didn't have anything to eat for 12 hours after waking up. I lost about 7 pounds in 1 day. I know this is not good for me. I told a couple friends about it and they are worried about me. The first day I didn't eat was the first time I saw my crush since I told him that I like him.(He's not gay, by the way) And I've been very depressed lately, which I believe is being caused by obsessive thinking about my crush. So I attribute the non-eating to the depression. But I've also getting really bad headaches, which I'm assuming is being caused by the lack of food in my body.

There really is no question here, just felt like writing it. But if anyone has had similar experiences, please feel free to post them. Hopefully I'll feel better and actually get some food inside of me.....

2. Hugh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you know the cause and are able to deal with it, then deal with it. If you're not sure, take medical advice - tell the doctor everything. They are there to help, not to judge. You cannot let this continue unhecked. I have the opposite problem...I keep eating!!

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I think that lack of food affects our mood, so I think that if you're not careful you may get yourself into a catch-22. That is, I think that if you eat badly or not at all, it affects your mood negatively, so you continue not to eat well. Conversely, I think that if you manage to break the cycle, you'll feel the better for it, and will hopefully feel a little better of mood, and will therefore get your eating back on track.

But I think that everyone eats funny when bad things happen and they're upset, so if you manage to pick yourself up in the next day or so I wouldn't be too concerned, but if this continues much longer, I'd go and see your doctor or talk to more people about it, because otherwise it'll get harder as you become malnourished (and grumpy and irritable, which is what can happen at first). But I hope you feel better and start eating properly again soon :slight_smile:

4. llenadepecas

start by eating your favourite things. even if they're not good for you, it's better to eat something than nothing at all. hope you feel better soon

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with that. Get yourself a burger, a pizza or something you really like, regardless of whether it's healthy or not. After three days of not eating enough it won't do you any harm.

You deserve a treat! :thumbsup:

6. Louise

Depression can affect your appetite and yes lack of food and rapid weight loss can provoke headaches. Listen to llenadepecas and Paul. Try to think of something you really like eating, something that is normally a treat, then treat yourself.

It is very important that you eat something that gives you pleasure this will motivate you to eat more regularly. Once you get your strength back a bit you need to address the problem of your crush. Is there anyone you can talk to who might help you? This is going to be an on going problem as long as you can't manage to come to terms with your unrequited feeling.(*hug*)

7. pwnorton

Thanks everyone for your replies. I would just like to say that I believe I am back to normal. I have eaten regularly for the past 4 days, so I think I'm OK.....

8. Louise

Well that is good news! I hope the reasons for your not eating have been sorted out now. (*hug*)