1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

after effect of clitoriplasty

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by tym, May 8, 2013.

1. tym

tym

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    after effect of clitoroplasty

if it helps, am 20 yrs now and a Ghanaian.
    I have CAH, but I had clitoroplasty February 2007. up till now I don't really have any sensation. sometimes I wonder if I even hv the clit at all. i am attracted to females but I've not had sex before. the part of the world I come from sex is not taken lightly before lesbianism will even be accepted. I've never been in a relationship too before. I guess am also a tomboy.
    as a matter of fact I don't know where to go or do from here.
    please help.....

#1 tym, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Tym
    There's quite a lot of information in a very small paragraph so I'll see if I can help out. I'm guessing your brain is a whirlwind and there's so much going on in your life that you don't know where to start.

By CAH, Im guessing you mean Congenital adrenal hyperplasia, which is why you had a clitoroplasty. I imagine that must have been very difficult to overcome. I have read that some people have varied sensation after a clitoroplasty. I think you need to discover what you might like best. Sex isn't just about focussing on the clitoris, particularly with a woman. Its more about the whole round experience, and even if your sensation is limited in your clitoral region you will find other ways of enjoying it. Remember having sex for the first time is always going to be a trek into the unknown, you just need to make sure you are ready and that it's with the right person.

It sounds as though you are still unsure of who you are, but see this as the start of a new discovery. You don't need to worry about labelling yourself, just do what you feel comfortable. If you think you like women then don't be ashamed of it, you are not alone and it is not wrong. I have never been to Ghana so I don't know what it would be like to be a gay person there. Have you spoken to a friend or any of your family about the feelings you are having? Is there someone you can trust to confide in? I found the hardest part was accepting myself for who I really am. Just remember you are never alone and everyone on EC is here for you.

Keep smiling
    NicX

3. tym

tym

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks silas for the encouragement. I've confined in about two friends of mine and I guess they are taking it cool. though sometimes I wander wat might be going through their minds about me. and as for being a gay or lesbian in Ghana, there is a big question mark on it. let me just say it is highly unaccepted. so far, it's only online that I've met Ghanaian lesbians.