1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pimple type thing in my mouth

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MtnFr3sh, May 9, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not sure when it first appeared, but I felt a sore spot just about 20 minutes ago and decided to take a look in the mirror, it's in the front of my mouth under one of my bottom teeth, what the hell could this be? Should I go see a dentist? It's a red bump (same shade as the rest of my gums of course) But at the top of it it seems like there's this clear, white, or light yellow spot at the top of it. it's right under one of my teeth. Should I be concerned, what can I do to get rid of it?
    (And no, I am not sexually active, like, at all, or ever for that matter so it couldn't be anything like that)

2. AKTodd

It could be some kind of cold sore. I'd tell your parents about it and see what they say. If it doesn't clear up in a week, I'd definitely go to a doctor or dentist, probably a doctor.

My 2c worth,

Todd

3. Convoy

Sometimes I've gotten bumps and stuff on my gums and in my mouth from irrational, diet, different stuff sitting in your mouth, etc that just get pretty raw for a while and eventually heal up.

Lightly brushing around the area (Still remove plaque off the tooth surface, but don't abrasive the gums more than required) and flossing, along with mouth-wash and or salt water/saline rinses may help.

Sugar is a common irritant as well so you might want to keep that down for a bit. If you find it persists more than like a week or two you might want to see a doctor or dentist if its really not going away or getting worse.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might be some sort of cold sore or canker sore. I'd say if it isn't gone in about a week you should go see a doctor about it, though.

5. alwayshope11

Sounds like an ulcer..no biggie n it will go away in a few...try rinsing with warm salt water

6. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Figured it out, its gone now, it was an ulcer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My mom gave me some stuff she uses when it happens to her, and it's gone :grin: Thanks guys, sorry it took long to respond, kinda forgot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: