1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions on men's size and hair...?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by tane503, May 9, 2013.

1. tane503

okay, I was wondering what people prefer in a mans size and hair. I am a really self-conscious person, so knowing different opinions will help me a lot. not that I can change my siz... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    are you talking height or penis size, and hair on your head or your pubes (or, for that matter, under your arms or anywhere else?) If you want clear answers... it helps to clearly state the question :slight_smile:

3. yidnah87

Your size is nothing to be self-conscious about. Too many guys feel like people won't like them or have a good experience with them if they're not well-endowed. This isn't true, it's all going to come down to the guy that it's attached to.

As far as "hair"...

Many guys will trim their pubes, a few will shave it off completely, and some will leave it alone. It's up to you. I leave mine in its natural state and have never been kicked out of bed for doing so, lol.

If you're really hairy like I am, embrace it! Many people like that masculine look. Not everyone likes a hairless guy.

We all come in different shapes and sizes, that's what makes us unique! :slight_smile:

#3 yidnah87, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
  4. tane503

ok, thanks so much!:icon_bigg

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speaking only for myself. If you're talking cock size, in general, the bigger the better. If you're talking body size, I tend to prefer "average guys", with a very slight preference towards larger over smaller guys. If you're talking body hair, I tend to prefer hairier over smoother.

But notice that these are very vague preferences. Like, if we were dating, and I had my way, I guess I'd prefer you had a green car over a blue or red one (or no car at all). That's not to say I wouldn't date a guy with a blue car, or no car at all. Or that I go looking for guys with green cars. Just that if I was presented with two guys who were precisely the same in absolutely every way, and one had a red car and one had a green car, I'd pick the guy with the green car. It's a very mild preference, and nothing else.

And that expands outwards. Let's say there are two guys I could go to bed with. One is a fun friendly guy with very little body hair and a smaller dick. One is an arrogant prick with lot of body hair and a large dick. I'd go to bed with the fun friendly guy, every single time. The personality is far more important than the body parts. I've been in bed with guys shorter than four inches, and longer than eight inches. I've been in bed with guys with shaved bodies, and guys who were half-Wookiee. And they were all awesome, because they were all fun and friendly. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. tane503

Wow. The world needs more guys like you. Thanks so much!:eusa_clap

7. Sica

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm gonna be my horrible self and say, almost always hairless. lol. Trimmed works as well but I honestly hate hair. While I would still hook up with the person, I wouldn't meet a really hairy person again unless he's some amaaaaaazing guy. The chest can be left hairy in some cases, but that requires the guy to actually have a muscular chest and overall masculinity or else it'll just be wrong. Hair on the back is the worst of all, so if you have that you absolutely DO have to get rid of it. Then again based on previous posts we all have different taste thank god! It would be no fun if everyone were the same.

As for size assuming it's penis size I prefer "Average". I know there are size queens out there but I doubt the majority are so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about here. If you however meant body size it depends whether the person is a bottom or not, I know I'm once again a horrible person for actually wanting different "ideals" for "different" people, but for tops I'd say average to muscular. There can be fat on the body if it looks good on the specific person, meaning if the person is tall and have an overall "big body" I probably still find him attractive if he has a little fat on it! However a short guy that doesn't have a flat stomach is a no go for me. Body wise for a bottom I'd say slim to slightly muscular is good. But then again I am a bottom so I shouldn't say too much about what tops want!

Just like Lexington says though, these are preferences and most of them wouldn't be a game changer for me (unless there's way too much of it, lol talking about the hair again!).

8. KaraBulut

The more that you meet people, the more you will realize that there's something and someone for everyone.

One of the reasons that Lax and I tell guys to hold off on the grooming until they get a boyfriend is that you never know what another person will like. You can shave yourself into a stupor and the find out that you're dating someone who is really turned on by body hair. Or you may find yourself dating someone who is turned on by shaving and wants to lather you up and shave you himself.

Part of the fun is figuring out what the other person likes and what you like.

And when it comes to penis size... assuming that is what we're talking about...

Most guys will look at a picture of a big dick and say, "Wow. Hot." However that big dick in your bed is another experience altogether. If you've ever tried to park a big SUV in a compact parking space, you'll appreciate that while bigger may look good from a distance, it's not always the easiest experience when you're trying to park it.

If it works and it's happy to see them, most guys will be satisfied with an average or less than average dick. And if they're not, then they aren't dating you for the right reasons.

9. yidnah87

I was thinking the same thing. I've been with a 'small' guy before and I appreciated how easy it was to perform oral on him. With 'big' guys, I could barely fit the thing in my mouth. And of course anal gets to be tough with a 'big' guy.

#9 yidnah87, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
  10. Rexmond

Height-wise, I always thought that I'd prefer someone similar height or taller than me (I am 6 ft), so that when we snuggled in bed, I'd be able to rest on his chest, and that's harder to do with a smaller man. However, I fell for a quite short man, but like Lex said personality prevails every time.

As for hair it really is down to personally preference. I love body-hair too much to not consider it an important aspect. I don't think I could date someone who is shaved, though similarly, I'm sure it depends on the person.

11. AKTodd

Was in a three yr relationship with a 'big' guy who loved topping. Speaking from experience, it takes a bit of practice, but you eventually get where anal (even very energetic anal) is very easy to do. It's just a matter of relaxing the muscles and you get where you can do it about as automatically as shifting your weight from one foot to the other.

A big factor is getting past the psychological issue of "Oh crap, I can't possibly take that thing!". Fortunately, this guy was very slow and gentle the first time (and for me it was also the first time bottoming at all) and so I got over that issue right from the start.

Oral was also a bit of an adventure at times, but deepthroating is also something that you can master fairly quickly with lots of practice.

Todd:slight_smile:

12. Mrcake

I would prefer an average size penis or close to it and someone who is around my height. I like people to be groomed and not too hairy. I prefer guys with shorter hair, but can go for people with long hair if it is maintained.