1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skin Tear Under Breast

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Exoskeleton, May 12, 2013.

1. Exoskeleton

Apparently, my breasts know that I hate them, and have decided to tell me that they hate me right back.

I have rather large breasts (DD or DDD, measurements never agree) and they aren't particularly perky. I don't have a bra that fully succeeds in lifting them off of my chest. So the area of skin where the underside of my breast connects to my chest is always touching other skin (I think I described that sensibly).

Anyway, my breasts are covered in stretch marks, as is to be expected. The chest/breast junction on one of my breasts has been hurting lately, whenever my breast moves, and today it was stinging. So I checked it out (something I'm at loathe to do because dysphoria and all).

I put all that just in case it was pertinent. But, the problem is that it looks like one of my stretch marks on the part of my chest/breast junction just next to my sternum has torn open. Right along the path of it there are a few spots of blood and skinless flesh (with that clear, slightly viscous liquid that I heard once referred to as plasma but I'm not quite sure).

I put an adhesive bandage on it and took off my bra, thinking that maybe that might help. It stings quite a bit, but it's not bleeding too much.

Has anybody heard of/experienced this before? Should I worry about it?

#1 Exoskeleton, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. TraceElement

I've never heard of this happening, but then again I'm not suprised it did. I don't think it is something to really worry about, but definately finding a bra that at least attempts to cover is in store. I know it sucks to have big boobs, mine are measured at a DD-DDD too.
    I suggest putting some neosporin on it with gause until it heals and taking some Advil. As a preventative measure, you can put some baby powder on them after you shower.

3. KaraBulut

For this, you would need to see your doctor. It's difficult from the description to be certain what's happening. It could be friction-related. It could be a condition called intertrigo that can happen in people with pendulous breasts.