1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tongue discoloration

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BornInTexas, May 13, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

You may ask for pictures, and I'll be happy to provide if it is requestion.

Anyhow, my tongue, in the front, has a very large spot that isn't the regular tongue-pink color. There are like one or two dots that have the same shade of red as the large spot. In the back of my tongue is a plethora of smaller, red dots. It's weird because they've been around for about three weeks, and I just thought it was a vitamin B deficiency. My mom refused to take me for the doctor because she looked it up too.

Now that it hasn't gone away, I'm going to the doctor, ONCE AGAIN for something I don't know is wrong with me. I'll bring up any other health concerns, but I just am wondering what this red spot MIGHT be? :help:

2. KaraBulut

3. BornInTexas

I'm not sure, I looked at geographic tongue, but it doesn't really appear to look like that at all... In fact, it's just red, no real pattern in it. Or anything that looks like islands. I'm not sure, but I am in fact going to the doctor, I was just looking for some relief to make sure it wasn't anything too serious, or at least not to hype myself up over it.

It might be enlarged taste buds. Just googled it. I have two very large bumps at the back of my tongue. I'm not sure if those are taste buds or something more. Would you like me to attach pictures for a better look at what I am trying to describe? It's really hard...they're white, not painful at all. In fact, it doesn't hurt in any way.

The red area on my tongue isn't painful either.

4. KaraBulut

You can post pics (per EC rules, as long as they don't show your face) if you can't get into the doctor.

5. BornInTexas

Doctor was super busy today, and I couldn't get in. I have to try again this Friday. :l

I looked up symptoms of oral cancer. Is it likely to get oral cancer related to HPV without having kissed someone and had types of oral sex? I've done neither, and it's starting to kind of freak me out. Symptoms included red spots on tongue.

6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It appears from one article I found on HPV that HPV is almost always passed by sexual contact. It can also be passed from mother to child during birth, although it's said to be rare.

Article: STD Facts - Human papillomavirus (HPV)

7. BornInTexas

Well, if it isn't that, I'm not sure what I have. I wish the doctor could fit me in somewhere earlier.. >_<