1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for shaving legs?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BryanM, May 14, 2013.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been wanting to try shaving my legs for the first time from about above the knee down, so you can't see hair when I wear shorts. I don't have sasquatch legs, but they are pretty hairy, so what would be the best way to go at this? I have disposable razors and an electrical one with the body hair trimmers, I'm thinking for the best results use a mix of both? This is my first time doing this as well, so I'm guessing there will be a little irritation as well. Thanks for any advice or suggestions :slight_smile:

2. Candace

Although I don't shave my legs, some friends in my alliance do. Think of it like shaving your face. Use some aftershave or cooling lotion to quell the irritation. If I were you, I'd put them in a vat of cool water (not warm) since that will stop the spread of itching, irritation, etc.

3. Ridiculous

If you want it perfectly smooth, then clip it down as short as possible with the electric ones first before going in with the disposable razor. If you go straight in with the razor you will be spending about 5 minutes between each stroke cleaning the hair out of it.

Afterwards it might be a good idea to exfoliate your legs with some sort of body scrub, to minimise the chance of ingrown hairs.

If you don't want it to be perfectly hairless then you just have to use the electric one alone, with an appropriate attachment for how long you want the hair.

4. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhm speaking from experience... Make sure your skin is pulled taught otherwise you'll wind up with nicks EVERYWHERE. Also, be careful shaving around the ankles and backs of your knees because those are the areas that get nicked the most. Use cold water afterward to close your pores and exfoliate to prevent razor-rash and ingrown hairs and make sure to be generous with the shaving cream or gel. You'll regret it if you don't.

5. TraceElement

I find the best razors have at least 3 blades, but 4 and 5 blades are the best. A pivoting head makes it easier to get the harder to reach spots and rinses off easier.